Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

A-League - Week 5

The A-League enters Week 5 this weekend. On Friday afternoon Wellington host Central Coast. Both sides have four points from four games, and will be looking to push up the table. Bookmakers are virtually unable to separate the two sides, installing the Phoenix as marginal 2.50 favourites. On Friday evening Adelaide host Melbourne Heart, while on Saturday Newcastle host Perth and Melbourne Victory host the high flying Brisbane Roar. On Sunday Sydney host Gold Coast.

Below are the latest odds (subject to change):

My plays:

Wellington draw no bet (1.83)
    Brisbane (2.00) and over 2.5 goals (2.00)

Not sure about the Victory vs roar game tonight, brisbane need to lose at one point, also with the over 2.5, it's good value at 2.00 but etihad stadium is a very hard pitch to play on, cause the ball bounces up and bopples, so the final pass and needs to be perfect for teams to score.

I've never really got into the A-League. I guess I've been spoiled by watching European football. Is it easier for bettors than the English Premier League?