Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

2014 French Open - backed Djokovic and Nadal

I've seen numerous articles on the French Open that pretty much run along the lines of who will win, Nadal or Djokovic? I took a look at the futures odds and the best I found were Djokovic 2.58 and Nadal 2.82 on Betfair. Given that most people have written off everyone else's chances I thought those odds looked pretty good so I've made equal wagers on each player. Is it just me or have I got really good value? The two players are on the opposite side of the draw this year, so we can't have them play in a semi as they did last year (Nadal beat Djokovic in the semi, then Ferrer in the final).

Given that Federer looks past his prime and clay isn't really Murray's thing, that leaves Wawrinka and Ferrer as the biggest threats. Both are on Nadal's side of the draw. I'll also keep an eye on Kei Nishikori because of his strong run at the Madrid Open, although he retired in the final so his fitness might not be 100% for the French Open.

What I may do is back some of the big threats when they come up against Nadal and Djokovic, depending on how the tournament has played out by that stage.

Anyone have any thoughts on the men's tournament? Is there someone else I should be worried about?