Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: US Masters 2012

US Masters 2012

The US Masters commences on Thursday morning (local time). This is the first of the four Majors held each year. The event is held at the Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia, USA.

2011 Summary:

Charl Schwartzel is the defending champion after winning by two strokes over Adam Scott and Jason Day. In one of the headline events of the tournament, Rory McIlroy led the first three days before imploding with a score of 80 on the final day.

2012 Favourites:

Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy start the tournament as the favourites, at odds of 5.50 and 6.50, respectively.

Coverage in Australia:

Channel One HD will provide live coverage of the end of day action at 5:00am – 9:00am AEST. Fox Sports will air delayed coverage and highlights.

Betting:

Below are some of the tournament winner odds ahead of the first day of action.

I've been kicking myself for not backing Bubba Watson at the start of the tournament. I don't know what his Betfair odds were, but my guess is around 50.00. After day 1 I backed him at 18.00 and at the end of day 2 I placed a lay bet on him at 15.00.

Woods showed once again why he's rarely worth the odds they offer these days. McIlroy looks well placed for day 3. Who are you guys keeping your eyes on?

U'd be happy to still grab him at 18... though yeah imagine picking up a win at 50...

Good to see him get the win.. that approach shot on the last in the playoff was incredible.

U still placing bets on the lower leagues of English soccer ?

Ha ha, I'm almost gutted he won now. That's always the way isn't it? I made a decent amount of money, but feel I let one get away there. Having said that, he pulled off some unbelieveable golf to do it.

U still placing bets on the lower leagues of English soccer ?
    Yeah, but only the Championship at the moment. West Ham (3rd) are playing Birmingham (4th) at about 2:00 AM, which should be a cracker. It will be aired on Foxtel. At the start of the season I placed a small wager on West Ham to win the league, so hopefully they can maintain the pressure on Reading and Southampton.

Here's a good form guide: http://www.footballformguide.net/for...r-championship

For the upcoming fixtures I'm backing

BLACKPOOL (1.48) v Barnsley
    Crystal Palace v SOUTHAMPTON (1.98) <-- a +0.5 or a Draw no bet wager would be a safer option
    Doncaster v BURNLEY (2.56) <-- a +0.5 or a Draw no bet wager would be a safer option

Banned
    Good to see him get the win.. that approach shot on the last in the playoff was incredible.