Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Threaded View

2012 London Olympics betting

I know it's not for a few weeks yet, but I've been champing at the bit for the Olympics to start. I've never bet on Olympics events before, but plan to have a few punts here and there for 2012.

On my radar at the moment are:

Men's Basketball
    USA - GOLD @ 1.19
    The squad says it all: http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/na...OLYroster.html
    How do they pick a starting five from that group?

Women's Basktellball
    USA - GOLD @ 1.16
    The primary threats are Russia and Australia, but the US women's team has a great record at the Olympics.

You can get 1.17 on Australia to be medalists, and 1.25 for Russia to be medalists.

Women's 100m Hurdles
    Sally Pearson (AUS) - GOLD @ 1.30
    She's a champion and ran a 12.40 at the Paris Diamond League meet earlier this month.

Women's shot put

It will likely come down to these two:

Valerie Adams (NZL) - SILVER @ unknown odds
    Wikipedia: "She is the reigning women's Olympic champion and three-time World champion, two-time Commonwealth and World Indoor champion. She currently holds the New Zealand, Oceanian, Commonwealth and equal World Championship records with a personal best throw of 21.24 metres."

Nadzeya Ostapchuk (Belarus) - GOLD @ unknown odds
    Adams has dominated the sport for years, but Ostapchuk has beaten the Kiwi's best throw of the year four times in the space of a month. She has also topped Adams' career best twice.

I'll add more in time. What events are on everyone else's radar?