X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    • Aug 2011

English Premier League - Round 1

Round 1 of the English Premier League kicks off this weekend.

Below are the latest fixture odds (subject to change).

• pominoz
    • Aug 2011

I've heard the Tottenham fixture is under threat of being postponed due to the violence in the area. I wonder how many other fixtures could be affected. Thank God the Olympics isn't held this year!

Comment

• Goodsy
      • Aug 2011

So guys.. a little advice req'd.

Sportingbet are having a 20% bonus on a 4 leg multi with a minum $10 bet that must have minumum $6 odds. So far Im looking at:

Liverpool v Sunderland
      Stoke v Chelsea
      West Brom v Man U

I was going to add in Man C over Swansea.. but that wouoldnt give me enough. It can be around the $1.70 mark for the last match. Im also looking at Arsenal away to Newcastle, but that could be a tricky away game to. Any thoughts on what might be a good 4th option to add to the above ?

Cheers Guys...

Comment

• qtip
        • Aug 2011

It's a tough one. Mathematically speaking, Liverpool is the safest bet with a 12-4-3 home record last season. Man Utd and Chelsea have had strong pre seasons so I agree with those picks too.

It's hard to include a combo with Man City because even if you replace a 1.46 odds bet with a 2.10 one, 1.22 odds still won't get you over the line.

My initial instict was to recommend Wigan against Norwich @ 2.10 or Arsenal against Newcastle @ 1.91, but the pre season results scare me off a bit. Fulham @ 2.10 is another option because Aston Villa had a poor away record last season. Bolton had a shocking away record last year so QPR @ 2.30 are in with a shout, however a draw @ 3.25 wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I think some of the odds have shortened. Based on the latest odds and your three selections you are at 1.46 x 1.60 x 1.46 = 3.41, so 1.76 is now required.

For all it's worth, below are two options that stand out to me:

Fulham (2.10) - draw - Aston Villa <-- alternatively, replace with Arsenal @ 1.91
        Liverpool (1.46) - draw - Sunderland
        Stoke - draw - Chelsea (1.60)
        West Brom - draw - Man Utd (1.46)
        @ 7.16 odds

Liverpool (1.46) - draw - Sunderland
        QPR - draw (3.25) - Bolton
        West Brom - draw - Man Utd (1.46)
        Man City (1.22) - draw - Swansea
        @ 8.45 odds

I tip my hat to Sportingbet for requiring four legs, because it certainly makes it difficult!

Comment

• Goodsy
          • Aug 2011

Thanks for the detailed response qtip.... I could not have asked for anything better. Appreciate it.. will have a look into the options suggested and report back what I might be swaying towards.. need to investigate, a day 2 of thinking on the cards here..

I do agree that 4th leg really makes things interesting on this one..

Once again thanks for the feedback..

Comment

• admin
            • Aug 2011

Notice:

The Tottenham vs Everton fixture has been postponed due to the riots:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14485169.stm

Comment

• pominoz
              • Aug 2011

qtip makes a good point about the 4th fixture. The 6.00 odds requirement is pretty cunning too... Are you definitely keen to have a punt this week? My understanding is that the Sportingbet promotion also applies to week 2, not that it will be any easier

Comment

• qtip
                • Aug 2011

You're welcome Goodsy. To be honest I enjoyed the challenge!

Given the likely transfers of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri away from the club, I'm getting cold(er) feet with Arsenal. Have you made a wager?

Comment

• Goodsy
                  • Aug 2011

Yeah I saw Gunners accepted the offer for Fabregas... not fun times there.

I havent place the wager yet.. I did some research this morning on the clubs mentioned. Will do some more check ups.. probably place it tomorrow arvo.

I like to do one multi a round.. this will probably be the one... bit of fun.

Comment

• Goodsy
                    • Aug 2011

Ive done it.. got the following -

Fulham v Aston Villa
                    Liverpool v Sunderland
                    Stoke v Chelsea
                    West Brom v Man U

Ive got $10 on it @$7.36
                    Then if it comes off I will get 20% bonus on the winnings. Im willing to lose $10 to have a crack at it.. tonight is crucial with Fulham.

Thanks for your input guys..

Let the games begin !!
                    Last edited by Goodsy; 13 August 2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• qtip
                      • Aug 2011

Best of luck Goodsy. I agree, Fulham's fixture is definitely the biggest obstacle, but you've done exactly as I would have done.

I've got a bit carried away with a recent Luxbet promotion, so now I really need Man U to win this week.

Comment

• Goodsy
                        • Aug 2011

haha - cheers thanks qtip... goodluck for ur Man Utd game... nothing like being caught up in the moment and geting carried away... haha

I got carried away after a few drinks last week watching UFC and placed a few last minute bets during the event. I did better betting with drinks under my belt then I did pre-event, though still came out in the red from it.. Good fun..

Comment

• Goodsy
                          • Aug 2011

hmmmm - 60 mins in... Liverpool 1-1 Sunderland and Fulham 0-0 Aston Villa

A slightly nervous last 30 mins....

Comment

• Goodsy
                            • Aug 2011

Ahhhh well... couldnt even get one game tonight. From the 4 games so far tonight not one home team won.

Comment

• qtip
                              • Aug 2011

The unpredictable results so far are making my Man U call look worse by the minute. The Newcastle v Arsenal result is the one that surprises me the least. Now is a good time to face the Gunners.

The prem has now gone 6 games without a victory for the home side. With Man U playing away, please let that streak continue!

Comment

Working...
                              X