Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2011 PGA Championship

The 2011 PGA Championship kicks off on Thursday (local time) at the Atlanta Athletic Club. This tournament is the fourth and last Major Championship of the year. Many neutrals are hoping to see Tiger Woods paired up with Adam Scott at some stage given the dramas with caddy Steve Williams.

Below are selected tournament winner odds (subject to change).

Various betting promotions for the US PGA Championship can be viewed here:
    http://www.aussportsbetting.com/2011...aker-specials/

Who does everyone have their eye on? I've made small wagers on McIlroy (for his talent), Scott (for his recent form) and Day (for his recent consistency).

How much do you place on golf ?

I find golf is just too random on who can win..

If anything Im looking at a tiny wager on Scott.. he must be filled with confidence at the moment. But I like your thinking on the spread. Also just looking at the odds maybe just little $1 or $2 bets might suffice... dunno, not really tempted due to anyone of X amount of players can win.. will think on it.

It's funny you should mention $1 or $2 bets. I actually placed $2 on each golfer.

It is notoriously difficult to pick winners, but this is reflected in the high odds. After three attempts, I have yet to pick a winner at the start of a tournament, which is why my bets are so small, but I have done well betting mid-tournament in the past. I correctly backed Oosthuizen at 29.00 to win the 2010 Open Championship after seeing the weather was about to pack up for the leading contenders at the conclusion of one of his rounds.

My attitude is if I can pick a winner once in between five and ten tournaments (depending on the odds), I will be ahead. I'm also spurred to bet by the fact that I chickened out of backing McIlroy at the start of the 2011 US Open. I had even added him to my betting slip, but bailed out on the confirmation page. I'd rather lose $2 backing him then sit on the sidelines again and watch him run away with it!

McIlroy, Scott and Day are all great options. A small bet I am considering is for Phil Mickleson to finish in the top 10. I find it nearly impossible to pick the winner, so like to give myself a margin for error (albeit with reduced odds). I was on Mickleson for the top 10 at the British Open and he came through.

Mickleson has finished in the top 10 of the US PGA on 9 occasions, and was the runner up last time it was held at this course. He is $2.25 for a top 10 finish at Centrebet, 3.25 at Sportsbet and a generous $3.50 at the TAB.

You make a great point regarding Mickleson. Top 10 betting is a lot more sensible than what I'm doing! My $2 bets are more for a bit of fun than anything. Can't wait for the start of the tournament.

Yeah like your thinking Andy, will have a good look at the top 10 finish... will also consider throwing $2 on Adam Scott for the win as well... like to try and remain patriotic (sensibly of course, after all money is involved).

I like the thoughts guys.. food for thought.

Not a great start for me, but I won't admitted defeat yet. Hopefully all three will make the cut. I'm not actually that familiar with Stricker, Kelly & Micheel, but hopefully they won't be so hot next round. If it was someone like Westwood in a commanding lead I'd be more worried.

Mickleson isn't out of it either.

Yeah 1st round.. still a ways to go. To be honest i chickened out of this one. I have taken some notes from what we said previously and just gonna see how this plays out. Might put a bet next time on golf.

Okay, I'm concerned now. I knew Stricker was an established golfer, but didn't realise he was the world #5. Shaun Micheel is a former champion himself and McIlroy may pull out with a wrist injury...

I think from now on I will wait until the conclusion of the 1st round before jumping in. Too much uncertainty.

Still a long way to go. Not many golfers ahead of Adam Scott on -1, so he is looking good. McIlroy would be too if it wasn't for his injury. And Day, well he dropped 4 shots in his last 4 holes, that's just unlucky. A pity Mickleson bogeyed the last, even par would have been a nice start. Stricker is obviously the one to beat now though. Let's hope the wind gets up.

It looks like it's all down to Adam Scott now. He's actually in a better position than he was yesterday. I wish I had backed him with betfair because I would have had the option of a lay against him to lock in a win.

Mickelson is still a great chance to make the top 10. If he has a great third round then who knows where he could end up.

Keegan Bradley won, so someone made an absolute fortune! Who knows what the odds on him were. 1000+ do you reckon?

Adam Scott finished 7th, so like Andy said, a top ten bet is a good way to go. At least I feel vindicated for selecting him.

Did u get Scott for a top 10 pominoz ?

And yeah I agree looks like the top 10 might be the better selections on tournaments. Was that the last major of the year ?

No, I stuck with my three winner bets, $6 loss all up.

That was the last major of the year unforunately The next one isn't until April!

Banned
    That was the last major of the year unfortunately.