Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Betfair betting as a career

Hi all.

I'm really excited by the options available through betfair. I'm sick of the daily grind so I am seriously looking into trying to eventually take up pro punting - after a VERY long apprenticeship that is!

I've looked into arb trading - from all indications, it works but the bookies have wished up to the situation so there are high chances of having accounts blocked.

I've worked on a few 'stratergies' but so far nothing I'm too happy with.

So that leads me to Betfair. Is there anyone out there who has made or are making serious money trading with Betfair that is willing to give me an ins and outs, pros and cons of it?

Thanks,
    Dougie

I hope I don't get into trouble for pointing this out, but Betfair have their own forum (community section). I've found it quite informative in the past for getting the inside scoop on the thoughts of other members. There are plenty of people who discuss their Betfair experiences there.

I know for a fact that there are people who make serious money on Betfair. Betfair has had some bad press in the past for upping the fees on the big timers.

One bookie with a reputation for not banning punters is Pinnacle Sports. I always find it useful using more than one agency because you can shop around for the best odds.