Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Thread: NRL Round 24

NRL Round 24

Below are the latest odds for Round 24 of the NRL (subject to change). Links to Mike Wilson's views will be posted here as they become available.

To provide some food for thought, below are some tips from the team at IASbet.com.

Melbourne v St George

• Huge game in Melbourne on Friday night between ladder leaders the Storm ($1.70) and reigning premiers the Dragons ($2.15). While the Storm have saluted in their past eleven matches the Dragons form has been a major concern having won just two of their past ten. Despite missing injured star halfback Cooper Cronk, the Storm should be too strong at home.

Souths v North Queensland

• In the other Friday game, the Rabbitohs ($1.65) have been in scintillating form and will be confident of knocking over the Cowboys ($2.25) who are desperate to maintain their spot in the top four. Punters will be confident the Rabbitohs can cover the line of -4.0 points ($1.91).

Penrith v New Zealand

• While Penrith ($2.75) are unlikely to play finals, their match against the Warriors ($1.45) should be a beauty. The Warriors are closing in on 5th placed Dragons and will be keen to keep their good from rolling into the finals. Manu Vatuvei looks a good option for First Try Scorer on the back of his nine tries from his past 14 games.

Newcastle v Brisbane

• On Monday night the Knights ($2.25) host the Broncos ($1.65) in a crucial match for the home team. We can expect a huge effort from the Knights but the Broncos are in very good form to ensure an entertaining battle. Broncos to win a tight one.

Mike Wilson's previews and tips are up for the Friday night fixtures:

In case you need even more food for thought, below are some tips from the traders at Sportsbet.

Melbourne v St George

• We expect the Dragons to respond in this one as they too much to play for as opposed to the Storm who will finish minor premiers regardless

South Sydney v North Queensland
    • The Rabbitohs are at home, Nathan Merritt is in the zone having scored 8 tries in the last 2 games and he along with his mates are wearing the cloak of invincibility right now. When teams are playing with such confidence they are very difficult to arrest. The Rabbitohs to keep the dream alive.

Gold Coast v Canberra
    • The Titans will more than likely win the battle for the spoon but our traders aren’t recommending punters invest in either of two bad teams.

Penrith v Warriors
    • The Pennies will be hugely motivated for this and they may just be great value with the line.

Sydney v Cronulla
    • The Sharks again were only average on Monday night and their inspirational captain Paul Gallen doesn’t look fit. They are on a five day back up so our traders are staying with the home team here.

Manly v Canterbury
    • The 2011 Sea Eagles edition look primed to take it up another level but they are no value from a betting perspective so our traders will be watching on here.

Wests v Parramatta

• The Tigers only did what they had to last week and according to coach Sheens were guilty of taking the foot off the pedal against the Panthers. If they think the same this week the giant sized line on offer for the Eels looks the value.

Newcastle v Brisbane
    • Tough one to pick and it this stage of the year your loathe to tip against a good side like the Broncos but with Ben Hannant still outs our traders are keen on the Knights at the plus here.

for now i'm thinking storm to win... dragons could end the weekend 7th!!

will look at odds again on sat

I'm on Storm and Rabbitoh's to cover tonight.

Ive got $10 on Stom @$1.65

Leaving the Rabbitohs v Cowboys game alone..

Im like rotten_luck in waiting for Saturdays games.

Goodluck in the bets tonight lads..

Damn 2 point victories in both games on a -3.5 spread. Thought both would win by at least an unconverted try.

Nice win on the ML Goodsy!

Bummer Django about your spread... the 2 games were pretty tight.

Havent looked at tonight yet.. you got anything on the go.. im not confident with the 3 games tonight. If anything might go $10 on Warriors... will see later this arvo.

Another best bet takes the bikkies last night!

Saturday's games are now online with another best bet available

Good Luck punters!

Here are the links to Mike's Saturday previews:

Panthers v Warriors

Titans v Raiders

Roosters v Sharks

Mike is backing the Warriors to cover the -5.5 line. What do you guys think?

From nrl.com.au:
    "Late Mail: Paul Gallen has been unable to train due to an ongoing calf injury and is in doubt. Wade Graham (concussion) and Kade Snowden (hip) are likely to play, while there are also doubts over Isaac Gordon (cork) and Anthony Tupou (hamstring)."

thanks for the info Mike

leaning towards a punt on warriors to win 1-12 -- seems reasonable at 3+ odds

was fancying the roosters but the odds have dropped too far for my liking... at about 1.45 now..

will look at sunday odds tomorrow

Thanks Goodsy, should have played it safe and taken the ML's. No play on the Titans v Raiders.

Roosters 1-12 and Warriors -4.5 @ $1.72 tonight

Tight finish in the Panthers v Warriors game coming up.. especially for the minus X start to Warriors...

Man how the hell did the Roosters come back and win?!?!? I saw on bet365 they were down with about 10 mins to go, figured that was a right off and see they ended up winning by 11 haha

I hope you were all onboard the best bet for the night! Sunday previews will be up soon

Mike's preview and tips for the Monday night clash between the Knights and Broncos is now up:

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/2011...sbane-broncos/

nice preview Mike... hard to resist the broncos with that insight!!

shame everyone agress with you.. odds have been dropping all weekend

Thanks for the kind words rotten_luck!
    A comment was made in the article about the head to head odds being $1.73 on Betfair.
    I actually myself snapped up H2H odds of $1.74 myself on Betfair, but in my mind I was expecting a big drop in the odds.
    For this reason I chose to post the best bet as -1.5 @ $1.74 on Sportsbet because I didnt think regular betting sites' odds would vary as much.
    This way it would appear fairer to those reading my preview early today and those reading it just before the game.
    Sure enough, the odds on Betfair have plummetted to $1.65, but the odds on -1.5 on Sportsbet are only into $1.70.

Another ripping tip mate! You're on a roll.

Cheers Andy!