Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Hybrid View

Springboks v All Blacks

Despite resting something like 8 players, the All Blacks are starting as favourites here.

The Springboks did lose last week, but it was essentially their first real match of the season after they sent their second squad over for the fixtures in Aus & NZ.

My thinking is a small punt on the Springboks in a line bet (+3.5). What is everyone else thinking?

south africa 1-12 @ 3.15 looks good to me

all blacks are a different side without dan carter..

South Africa: 15 Pat Lambie, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Jean de Villiers, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morne Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Heinrich Brussow, 5 Victor Matfield (capt), 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Gurthro Steenkamp.
    Replacements16 John Smit, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 CJ van der Linde , 19 Danie Rossouw, 20 Ashley Johnson, 21 Francois Hougaard, 22 Butch James

All Blacks -15 Israel Dagg, 14 Isaia Toeava, 13 Richard Kahui, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Hosea Gear, 10 Colin Slade, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Liam Messam, 7 Adam Thomson, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Ali Williams, 4 Sam Whitelock, 3 John Afoa, 2 Keven Mealamu (c), 1 Tony Woodcock.
    Subs: 16 Andrew Hore, 17 Ben Franks, 18 Jarrad Hoeata, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Andy Ellis, 21 Piri Weepu, 22 Cory Jane.

If South Africa play like they did last week I'd expect them to lose, although I expect improvement this week as it always takes time to shake off the cobwebs, improve match fitness, and improve combinations.

The weakened Kiwi squad puts a lot of pressure on the Springboks because if they can't be a half-strength NZ team at home, what chances do they have in the World Cup?

New Zealand has made numerous changes, so it will be intreresting to see how well their side gels.

Sonny Bill Williams needs to have a big game.

As for the betting... I'll give it some more thought :-)