• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul8209
    Banned
    • Sep 2014

Europa League Dnepr - Club Brugge

In terms of league/playoff action in the interim, Club Brugge have greatly increased their chances of qualifying for the CL domestically and will want to hold on to first place in the Championship Playoffs which will ensure they go straight into the group stage next season, to that end, they face their closest challenger Gent, on the road on Sunday and that is bound to be a distraction for their long trip East to Kiev to meet Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk.

We have spoken previously about the huge motivation that the Eastern European teams have for this competion and the fitness advantage they hold once past the first knockout stage round , when the benefit of a lengthy winter break starts to kick in and all that will go double with the CL incentive factored in. Dnipro have replaced Metalist as the third big power in Ukranian football and are looking to make inroads into Shakhtar and Dynamo , they are very tight defensively and have not conceded in seven home starts in 2015, or at all in 437 minutes and only twice in 11 home and away starts, keeping a cleansheet in the first leg and in defeating both Ajax and Olympiakos here in Kiev, where they are forced to play home Europa League ties. The hosts have collected a bit of a reputation for the physical side of their game this season, having collected ten yellow cards more than any other team in the competition, but it was their football which caught the eye in the first leg and they were unfortunate not to have come away with a win, after dominated long periods and running Brugge a little ragged through the closing stages. Squad wise, the hosts feel they are in their best shape of the season, having had a lot of injuries to deal with previously and they are now looking to kick on both here and domestically.

CB are a little short handed defensively and have been for some time, when they have opted to rotate from their best available four at the back, it has not worked out well and they can ill afford any injuries and they have a tough choice between today and Sunday. I take Dnipro to edge this, but it is not in their nature to go gung ho from the start and I would like to hold out for a better quote, they have scored four goals in winning their last three "home " EL games without conceding and all came between the 31st-67th minute, three after the break. Brugge have not conceded an away goal in five EL first half starts, so for me, 1.25 units Dnipro -0.5 ball as soon as the asian quote hits 2.25, as long as they are not already leading and we are playing 11 v 11.

source: Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Comment

• paul8209
      Banned
      • Sep 2014

France Ligue2 Chateauroux- Auxerre

There are some background notes on Auxerre in the Tours preview above, they must have been a little crestfallen after dropping all three points there, a win would have taken then to within two of the automatic promotion spots and with all the momentum they could wish for behind them. However, they have had a full week to take a half step back, reflect on what they have achieved and also that the four clubs immediately above them in the table all dropped points last week and that making up five points, with 18 to play for is still do-able and they have three of their next four at home after today and the very least they can do is put some pressure on the teams who sit in 3rd-6th and see how far that takes them. I do not doubt for one minute that they will be all guns blazing for the win this evening, against a woeful opponent, who are effectively 12 points from safety and already preparing for third tier football, as they largely have been for 11 months, after earning a late, off the pitch reprieve from relegation last season. Auxerre have lost only twice on the road all season, Chateauroux have already lost seven times at home, they have lost their last six starts against top half teams without scoring ( 16-0) including their last home match, a 2-0 defeat to GFCO Ajaccio, where we were firmly on the visitor and ahead of which I wrote ......

"There are brief notes on Chateauroux ahead of their trip to Tours last weekend at the foot of this email (see April 10 newsletter), they lost that 1-0 and it could/should have been far worse , with the woodwork saving them three times. They are effectively ten points from safety, with games fast running out and booked for third tier football next season . Today, they do get central defender Cedric Hountondji (see below) back in the line up, but are even shorter of options, with veratile and most experienced defender Laurent Bonnart injured ( conceded 9 goals in the last 323 minutes he has sat out) along with suspended defensive midfielder Emeric Dudouit. With a host of other injuries, Chat have named just four defenders, three of who are aged 21 or younger, one of the few bright lights on a very dismal season has been teenage offensive midfielder Hamza Sakhi who is also sidelined, hosts have lost four of the six starts he has missed, conceding 14 goals. The home side have underperformed badly against top 7 teams, losing their last four by a combined 13-0 and will have to open up and gamble today with a young and vulnerable backline."

The hosts do have Houtondji and Bobbart ( see above) back today , but Dudoit and Sakhi (again, see above) are still absent along with a handful of others and we will again see a lot of young inexperienced players today, who are going to be a far happier and more comfortable at the lower level next season, where they might even thrive. A loss today will probably mean that relegation will be confirmed on the road next week, rather than on home soil the week after and at lest subconsciously, they might prefer that.

Auxerre have a couple of issues, Sammaritano and Viale , had some family and gastric problems respectively, but have been named in the squad and are expected to join up with them later today and I prefer to take that as an indication of how seriously the visitors are taking this, that they are doing everything to get the pair on the pitch. Sébastien Puygrenier is suspended and there is nothing Auxerre can do about that (!), the central defender has , incredibly, played every single minute of all L2 and Coupe de France games this season and whilst youngster Sonhy Sefil has played in all three league cup ties, he only has 168 minutes of league action to his name and we do not really know how the absence of Puygrenier, who is very much leader of the backline will affect the team. Not enough to lose, but they might be a little more vulnerable than usual and we really should see both teams on the scoresheet, with Chat having no reason to sit back. I think that it is time for them to adopt the approach that if we cannot win, let's at least look to entertain.

1.5 units Auxerre -0.5 ball 2.08 asian line/Sportmarket.

1.25 unit "over" 2.5 goals 2.23 asian line/Sportmarket.

Châteauroux : Bonnefoi, Souchaud - Hountondji, Bain, Nestor, Obiang, Bonnart - Roudet, Plessis, Ca, Kamara, Zola, Koffi - Thil, Makengo, Nnomo.

Auxerre : Lembet, Léon - Aguilar, Castelletto, Djellabi, Fontaine, Sefil - Ait Ben Idir, Bouby, Kilic, Mulumba, Vincent - Berthier, Diarra, Fumu-Tamuzo, Nabab, Sammaritano, Viale.

source: Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Comment

• paul8209
        Banned
        • Sep 2014

Serie A : Fiorentina- Cagliari

Of the matches we have lost on over the last week, most frustrating for me, has to be the Fiorentina- Dynamo Kyiv "over" on Thursday, it is hard to describe how many clear cut opportunities La Viola created early, but it is no exaggeration to say they could/should have been at least four up inside the first 20-25 minutes. If they come out with the same intensity today, they will swamp Cagliari and whilst they have ,at best. only 4th place to play for today and are bound to be a little tired, I do not think it will be so easy to just switch the gas off and neither will they want to, with their Europa League semi final on the near horizon and a midweek game with leaders Juventus, their most bitter rival and they will want to keep the momentum up ahead of both.

Cagliari are struggling, nine points from safety they changed coach again this week with Gianluca Festa becoming the fourth (?) they have had this season, they have been conceding far too freely, almost at the rate of two per game and have lost their last four all by two or more goals. Their cause today is hardly helped by the loss of central defender Luca Rossettini, they have not won in 13 starts without him, conceding an average of 2.08 goals per game. Fiorentina won the reverse fixture 4-0 and a repeat might well be on the cards, but two will do !

1.5 units Fiorentina -1.5 goals 2.33 asian line/Sportmarket.

Fiorentina: Alonso, Aquilani, Badelj, Basanta, Borja, Diamanti, Fernandez M., Gilardino, Gomez, Gonzalo, Ilicic, Joaquin, Kurtic, Lazzari, Neto, Pasqual, Pizarro, Rosati, Rosi, Salah, Savic, Tatarusanu, Tomovic, Vargas.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Comment

• paul8209
          Banned
          • Sep 2014

Nottingham Forest- Cardiff City
          Leeds United- Rotherham United
          Bolton Wanderers- Birmingham City
          Blackpool- Huddersfield

I obviously expect goals in each and will personally be betting strongly, what you do is, as ever, entirely up to you, my reasons are as already outlined , these teams are already mentally lying on a beach somewhere, some players will be looking to impress and maybe earn a move elsewhere and as I said for the Empoli game on Thursday, this is the one day of the year when it will be acceptable to think of yourself and not the team as a whole. Clubs also look to entertain with nothing on the line and season tickets to sell and most want to send fans away with a positive mental memory for the summer, in other words, these are friendly games in all but name.

There is no need for me to add too much more, but Blackpool have already conceded close to 100 goals, we discussed and took goals in Huddersfield's match last weekend ...."This is pretty much a "friendly" with very little at stake, between two teams happier on the front foot and with a history of goals in h2h meetings, with the last two matches at the Galpharm producing ten and I see this very much following suit, with both teams already in holiday mood. Town played out a 4-4 draw here with Derby County last weekend and 61% of their games this season have gone "over" 2.5 goals with 36% producing four or more. Rovers have scored two or more goals in six of their last eight and have also conceded three goals twice in that sequence. Very hard to see either suddenly going into their shell and an early breakthrough could see any number of goals this afternoon at a time of year when games in this league with nothing on the line, can get a little "crazy". There were four goals there, it should have been more."

The Leeds -Rotherham game is a Yorkshire derby, but the Millers only earned survival on Tuesday, I know they were celebrating that and after a very tough few months under enormous pressure, it would only be natural to perhaps let things slide, hosts have conceded 14 in their last six. Forest are a very offensive minded team and have conceded two or more in 6 of their last 7. Nine of the last 10 h2h meetings between Bolton and City have gone "over" and this all feels pretty good.

Nottingham Forest- Cardiff City over 2.75 goals 2.01 asian line/Sportmarket.

Leeds United- Rotherham United over 2.75 goals 2.13-2.20 asian line/Sportmarket Pro.

Bolton Wanderers- Birmingham City over 2.75 goals 2.11 asian line/Sportmarket.

Blackpool- Huddersfield over 2.75 goals 2.02 asian line/Sportmarket.

I am also going to suggest two muliple bets....

all four to go "over" 2.5 goals @ circa 10.0.

and all four to go over 3.5 goals. I will suggest any 3/4 and all 4, that's five bets

from Sports betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Comment

• paul8209
            Banned
            • Sep 2014

AFC Champions League: Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao -Western Sydney Warriors

The last two winners of this competition meet in Guangzhou , renewing a rivalry from last year when Warriors knocked out Evergrande at the quarter final stage en route to wiining the competition. They were two very tight games, with WSW edging home by the minimum margin in the first leg and then going through on away goals on the back of a 2-1 loss in China. It is now Warriors who are defending the title and that was always going to be a huge ask for them this season, not just to do well in this, but also to compete domestically after a hugely draining 2014. I have reproduced notes from last year's first meeting below to provide some background information, we did not preview the group game in Australia in March where a GET team, perhaps also out for a little revenge, won 3-2, courtesy of a Ricardo Goulart hat trick. However, the key points today are that the hosts are already group winners and have nothing to play for but pride and possibly a little more revenge, they play the two Shanghai teams in the next week, including Dongya who currently lead GET by one point at the top of the table and are likely to at least play with those games in mind, giving that this is effectively meaningless.

We also know that it is incredibly dangerous and foolhardy to ever write WSW off, they love to surprise and are absolutely certain to give their all and leave nothing on the pitch today. There task is very difficult, they need to win and hope that the FC Seoul- Kashima Antlers game ends in a draw, that is set to be very close with the winner progressing, or a draw being enough for the Korean team if WSM do not win, so it is easy to see a cat and mouse encounter at least through 45 minutes in Kashima, which should give Warriors encouragement. They are missing several players today including suspended trio of striker Kerem Bulut, defender Yusuke Tanaka and midfielder Kearyn Baccus, but that doesn't really change too much, they will have to gamble and look for goals, as whatever side the hosts put out, they are very difficult to keep out for 90 minutes on home soild, but they are more vulnerable in recent times and have already conceded three at home to Antlers in the group stage ( 4-3) and two to WSW in the reverse leg and the visitors got the away they required here last season, so don't rule out them at least making a decent stab at this and even if they lose heavily, 4-2 or something similar is possible and I see value, if you can find it, in Western Sydney Warriors to score over 1.5 goals ( two or more) at circa 3.50 ( I unit), far easier to back is "over" 3 goals which is a general 2.29 with Sportmarket Pro/ Pinnacle

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Comment

• paul8209
              Banned
              • Sep 2014

Champions League: Barcelona- Bayern Munich

Something always seems to come between a Barcelona - Real Madrid final, but this does look the season it could finally happen . The Catalan giants are playing the best football we have seen them for at least three years and probably longer and Messi, Suarez and Naymar appear unstoppable upfront and it is close to impossible to keep all three quiet for 90 minutes, especially in the big games, where they are all looking to shine and compete, not just with opponents, but each other ( in a good way) and they could not come into this game in better form, with the trio having an incredible 25 goals between them in their last seven starts !

We could argue that Bayern coach Pep Guardiola knows the hosts as well as anyone, but Suarez and Neymar joined after he left and good luck with having a game plan for Messi and the threat doesn't really end with those three anyway ! It is not like Bayern are at their best, far from it, the big second leg win over Porto papered over a few cracks, but the visitors fell apart there and that cannot happen to Barce, not this version anyway. Bayern looked suspect in Portugal and I have spoken previously about the lack of real domestic competition not doing them any favours when it came to the major European ties. They have also struggled with injuries all season and today, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, Holger Badstuber, David Alaba and Sebastian Rode are all missing and Robert Lewandowski collected what appeared to be a serious facial injury and concussion last week and if he is available, with have to play with a protective mask, this alone smacks of desperation and if there were options, I doubt that Guardiola would even have allowed him to travel. In his absence at the weekend,soon to be 37yo Claudio Pizarro played up front on his own in a 2-0 road defeat to Leverkusen, after seeing only 122 minutes of action previously since late September, which highlights how few altenatives they have offensively.

There is also the small matter of revenge, if you think the 7-0 aggregate loss to Bayern at this stage of the competion two year ago have been forgotten by anyone in Barcelona, think again and I suspect they might be viewing this as payback and with Bayern perhaps having a few more options for the return, I doubt they will pass up the opportunity to try and put this tie to bed this evening.

Barcelona -1 ball 2.36 asian line/Sportmarket.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi

http://www.clubgowi.com

Comment

• Nelson123
                Banned
                • Feb 2015

Your ideas about daily picks are just awesome...
                I love watching football and I do not mind betting a small amount of money on some games.

Comment

• paul8209
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2014

England Championship Playoffs Brentford - Middlesbrough

I would like to discuss the match at Griffin Park tomorrow, when the Bees entertain Middlesbrough, we have a whole host of historical notes on both, but I am not going to bother with those.

A Friday night game in the North East will not be so easy for many supporters to attend and I feel the party atmosphere will continue and the players are not under the same kind of pressure from supporters that the other three clubs will be. There is also the not so small matter of that rumoured bonus , if any further motivation was needed., but I prefer to skirt over that.

I also feel that Boro have been a little disrespectful to Brentford, they won both league games without conceding and were even hinting that were orchestrating their result at the weekend to play the Bees and sometimes in life, you should be careful what you wish for !

Boro did murder the Bees on Teeside, but that was one of the three worst performances from Brentford all season , maybe the worst. The match at GP was very different, Boro were on the back foot for most of the game, showed very little offensively, were gifted a goal against the run of play and played simply to hold on, they did grind out a result and sometimes you have to do that, but the Bees looked the better team that day. I have also been disappointed that too often on the road (Watford, Bournemouth especially) towards the business end of the season, Boro have underperformed when the pressure was really on and when they did give themselves a last chance with the win at Norwich ( I have my doubts about City on home soil anyway), they immediately blew it next time out with a loss at a very poor Fulham team, conceding four goals.

In my opinion Brentford come into the game with more momentum and have been creating a MASSIVE number of attempts on goal at home all season, expecially over the last eight games, they have scored 21 goals in those matches, two or more in seven, with no exaggeration, it should have been 30 + and only Ipswich on Boxing Day have outplayed the Bees at GP all season. They are 2.50- 2.75 to score two or more goals today, that just cannot be correct, they have done it in 7 of 8 and could have had three+ in all eight and since August was out of the way and they realised that they were on a par with the rest of the Championship , they have scored two or more in 15 of 21 home league games ( 71.43%) and you can bet them at 36% to do so this evening. Yes, Boro are solid defensively, but on another day would have conceded 2-3 here in the previous meeting and have shipped two or more in 5 of 7 away starts........... Brentford to score two or more goals @ 2.50-2.75 , I am happy to even lose on a price like that !

I see value in the match odds too of course and will have to take a little, so..... Brentford -0.25 ball 2.28 asian line/Sportmarket.

Comment

• BettingMax
                    • Aug 2014

The 32 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start today.

My pick:

HSV to beat Freiburg @ 2.2

Comment

• paul8209
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2014

Premier League: Newcastle United- West Bromwich Albion

United are in trouble, every team at the foot of the table apart from doomed Burnley and QPR are picking up their game, whilst the Magpies are in freefall both on and off the pitch and have lost eight in a row and now sit just two points above the drop zone. Almost to a man, any neutral who has seen them recently has highlighted them as currently the worst team in the EPL and whilst the balance sheet might say differently, this is a club in a tailspin and it is going to be very hard to address, especially when some players have looked less than bothered, something which even the interim head coach could not stop himself from mentioning to the great pleasure of the media last week. They have since been on a damage limitation exercise with supporters, but they are a club getting everything wrong at present.

Albion arrive in good form , three straight wins, all with clean sheets and on the "magical" points tally of 40, which should be more than enough to secure survival. However, it should be remembered that they themselves looked very suspect, conceding ten goals in three starts, including seven in two at home to clubs in the drop zone, before a recent temper tantrum from boss Tony Pulis awoke them from their lethargy. Maybe the John Carver comments last week will do likewise for United, but they are going to have to find some goals to do so, as defensively they do not look able to stop anyone at present and they have condeded 23 in 10, three in each of their last three starts. On the plus side, they do usually score here at St James' Park, with a goal in 16 of their last 19 home EPL starts. The last nine h2h meetings in the North East have all gone "over" with both teams scoring in eight and that is how I see this playing out, United seem incapable of a clean sheet and I think Albion have massively overperformed defensively and four clean sheets in a row, for all but the best in this toughest of leagues is unusual. They have scored ten goals in their last five visits though and will get chances today.

"over" 2.5 goals 2.23 asian line/Sportmarket.

Comment

• Nelson123
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2015

Double chancers great luck YOU got ...
                        My pick for the day Arsenal

Comment

• paul8209
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2014

France : Ligue 2: Angers- Sochaux

Visitors are out of promotion contention now and have not won in four starts, failing to score in three ,goals have been a problem all season and they have scored the fewest of any top ten team. There is a chance that they will up their game a little for the televised fixture, but you do get the feeling that this is a team in end of season mode.

Angers are third with a two point advantage and also tonight's game in hand over Nancy with just two rounds left to play after this fixture, any two wins will secure promotion and that is a wonderful position to be in, but there is a catch ! Next weekend they travel across country to play Nancy who have a superior goal difference, so, failure to win this evening will hand the advantage, or at least a chance, to ASNL who would take the automatic spot with two wins.

A draw tonight will not overly change things, they would still need to avoid defeat next week to leave matters in their own hands and we have to expect them to go for it.

Sochaux are almost as strong on the road as they are at home and I did consider holding out for a bigger quote on Angers "in running", however, the hosts are 8-0-0 when leading at the half and have only won 3 of the other nine, the visitors have taken something from 9 of 14 road games when not trailing at the break, so are very tough to beat once they get a toehold in a match, Angers do not want that (obviously) and they will get increasingly nervous the longer this goes without a lead.

Hosts remain without 15 goal top scorer Jonathan Kodija , but he has had limited game time since early March and scored just once since the end of January, through which Angers are 7-3-3, which is 0.25 points per game more than they collected previously, so they have clearly been competitive in his absence. Coach Stéphane Moulin described his players as very intense and focused in training yesterday, there were a lot of supporters at the last two training sessions and their "fervour" hada noticeable impact apparently, lifting the squad and sessions.

Sochaux have added a couple of 19 year olds to the squad, the pair have just 76 minutes of first team experience between them, but coach Florian Tardieu said "they are going to bring the passion" which indicates both might well play this evening and they could have a very youthful midfield and they will line up against a talented and experienced group of midfielders on the other side of the pitch.

We should see a home win and given those stats, I suspect it is most likely, and would be better for nerves of all concerned, if it came along with an early goal,Angers-Angers 2.75-2.90 HT/FT double result general quote, alternative would be the half time home win on asian lines.

Angers : Butelle, Letellier - Angoula, Bouka-Moutou, Guillon, Pierre, Thomas - Ben Othman, Camara, Diers, Gomez, Mangani, Manceau, Ngando, N'Gosso, Pessalli - Ayari, Clémence.

Sochaux : Pelé, Camara - Gibaud, Faussurier, Vivian, Senzemba - Guerbert, Kharja, Tardieu, Habran, Ilaimaharitra, Daham - Butin, Toko Ekambi, Sao, Caceres.

Comment

• Nelson123
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2015

These predictions will help us a lot thank you ..

Comment

• paul8209
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2014

Auxerre - Creteil

This is a "friendly" and these matches normally provide entertainment at this stage of the season. Auxerre have a cup final with PSG to look forward to in two weeks time and no one secure of a starting place for that, will be taking too many chances over the final two league games and run the risk of missing out on what might be the biggest match of their career for many. So much for the hosts to look forward to, not just the final, but a 2015-16 season full of promise after ending this campaign strongly. Creteil will be equally pleased taht they are free of relegation worries with games still remaining after looking in trouble mid season, their decision to change coach and ditch their free and easy ways, where they were happy to go toe to toe and try to outscore anyone, has been vindicated, but is a little sad in terms of what they brought to Ligue 2 which was a real sense of adventure. However, I am hopeful that we might see a return to that over the final weeks and Auxerre look the ideal opponent. "over" 2.5 goals 2.06 asian line/Sportmarket Pro.

Comment

• BettingMax
                                • Aug 2014

The 33 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start this weekend

My picks:

Mainz to beat Köln @ 2.1
                                Borussia to beat Bremen @ 1.8

Comment

Working...
                                X