Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Banned
    01.01.2015 Liverpool- Leicester City

These two met at the King Power Stadium just a little over four weeks ago, with the Reds winning 3-1 and something similar would not surprise. Not much has gone City's way after a decent start to life in the top flight, 13 matches without a win until they took all three points at Hull City on Sunday. However, performances had improved before that and they did create 20 attempts on goal against Pool despite playing 30 minutes with ten men and 22 against Tottenham and seem sure to get chances at Anfield where the hosts press forward and have conceded in 15 of 18 home starts, an average of 1.22 goals per game. City have scored in three of their last four away games , with three of their four goals coming before the break, so I would not rule out early action in a match which promises goals and where both teams are missing key defenders to suspension, City are without experienced left back Paul Konchesky and the hosts, central defender Martin Skrtel ( missed four home league and cup games this season and Liverpool have conceded in each, including twice to Championship side Middlesbrough).I am going to split a stake across two bets......

1 unit "over" 3.5 goals 2.40-2.60 general quote.

0.75 units Leicester City to score "over" 1.5 goals 4.0- 4.50 general quote, both markets will be traded "in running" by a lot of companies.

source : http://www.clubgowi.com/

Banned
    Dijon- Tours

This is my potential upset of the day. Dijon have impressed and are a fantastic 8-0-0 at home and I do feel they will be promoted, but that doesn't mean they have to win every game and in Tours, they are facing a fast improving team who have refound their confidence and their scoring boots. They remain in the bottom three, but are unbetaen in five in all competitions , are buoyed by scoring three on the road in the cup last weekend and have averaged 2.17 goals over their last six starts. On the flip side, they have conceded in each of those, but like earlier in the season, giving up a goal no longer means giving up on the game, far from it and this is a team on the up. They have not won in eight visits to Dijon, which is not a great stat, but six have gone "over" and I definitely feel they will score at least once today, that they will probably not lose on the handicap (+1) and could spring a surprise at a big price, but that perhaps the "over" offers the best value. Hosts are without left back Samuel Souprayen and impressive striker Julio Tavares.

1.5 units "over" 2.5 goals 2.08 asian line/Sportmarket.

Tours are very fast starters and have collected 33 points before the break, just 10 afterwards and whilst they have got stronger recently through the second period, there is obviously a good chance they will be at their best early, with the home side missing two key and regular starting players. 1 unit Tours first half +0.25 ball 2.19 asian line/Sportmarket.

Dijon : Perraud, Reynet – Bamba, Diallo, Rémy, Paye, Varrault – Amalfitano, Benet, Marié, Mollet, Philippoteaux – Bela, Diony, Koné, Rivière.

Tours : Bertrand, Kamara - Bouhours, Cillard, Gradit, Miguel, Schwechlen - Belkebla, Berenguer, Bergougnoux, Chavalerin, Damahou, Diaz, Santamaria - Adnane, Ketkeophomphone, Tandia.

source : http://www.clubgowi.com/

Banned
    England Championship: Middlesbrough- Huddersfield

Boro's failure to beat Reading at the Madejski last weekend (preview at the foot of the page) cost us a cleansweep on the English football , but they absolutely dominated possession and missed chance after chance and were once again denied by a goalkeeper at the very top of his game, with Adam Federici earning MOTM plaudits, to give you some idea of the flow of the game, the following three comments were all taken from home connections .....

Fan Forum Report: Reading extended their unbeaten to four games as their new found resilience and self-belief helped them to match a very strong Middlesbrough side. Without doubt today’s opponents are the best team to visit the Madjeski stadium so far this season. Boro dominated possession in the first half but were unable to make it count, and in an eventful second half Reading were certainly playing to win but remained disciplined in defence. The visitors will probably feel they should have won, but three excellent saves by Federici ensured Reading earned the point they deserved for their enterprise and work rate.

Supporter : Well - no arguments about who was MOTM today - Feds by a country mile - which sums up why 'boro will feel hard done by with just a point! We started brightly but after the first 10 minutes the half belonged to 'boro. They should have been at least 2 up by half time and one of their efforts looked to me to be a contender for 'miss of the season'! By contrast - apart from a weak header from Pog - I don't think we had a single attempt on goal!

Reading boss Steve Clarke: "As I said to the players after the game, we can thank Adam for our point this week. He's an experienced keeper, he's very safe, very solid. He doesn't make the nervous moments more nervous because he gets the ball, he catches it and he keeps it. I'm really pleased with him."

I expect them to get back on track today, the visitors have picked up and are solid at home, but have conceded an average of 2.33 goals per game on the road at Boro are looking for a double over Town after winning 2-1 at the Galpharm. Adam Clayton returns from suspension which is very timely, but today is really just about taking chances and if one comes, a second , third or fourth might well follow, 1 will take 1.5 units Middlesbrough -1 ball 2.17 asian line/Sportmarket.

However, the hosts are 6-5 (goals scored and conceded) before the break and 16-2 after and do take a while to get going here on Teeside, so you could hold out for a better quote and no one ever backed a loser by waiting !

source : http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned
    France Ligue2 Arles vs Nancy

We discussed Nancy on Monday and those notes are reproduced at the foot of this email. They were two down early there , but showed the first signs of life in some time to earn a share of the spoils, but it was not what they needed. They remain desperate for a win and this is pretty much last chance for them and Arles are in a similar (even worse) position, as I outlined last week ahead of their 3-1 home defeat to Angers......

Arles are, with goal difference, effectively 12 points from safety, they will have to throw caution to the wind from now on in to have any chance of survival, but in truth, the third tier awaits. The lack of goals is the major concern and when they open up, especially against the stronger teams they concede too freely, they have conceded two or more to the other promotion hopefuls they have played at home, Sochaux, Dijon and Troyes and in the reverse fixture in Angers.

Their situation is a little worse today, as although they are sill those same 11/12 points from safety, they have one less game to play and are without suspended central defende Samuel Gigot who was sent off late last week, their record is far from great when he is available, but when he plays ten minutes or less they have one point from six starts and concede at the rate of a goal every 38 minutes in his absence ( one every 57 when he plays). Also missing are goalkeeper Thomas Bosmel ( three defeats in 8 when he plays, 10 in 12 without him) and left winger Fawzi Ouaamar who scored the goal in the only match Arles have taken a point from (1-1 draw) in their last eight starts.

Nancy have named the same squad as for Monday, plus a couple of additions, including left back Vincent Muratori (see below) who has completed his suspension. This looks good for the visitors, but they just seem incapable of keeping a clean sheet right now, for all the reasons outlined on Monday and Arles are going to have to gamble at some stage.

I really like this match and am keen on the away win and the "over" and will bet "big" on both, I do not have an issue personally with losing ( or winning) several units on one game, but some of you do, I will put up 1.75 units Nancy -0.5 ball 2.36 asian line/Sportmarket and 1.75 units "over" 2.5 goals 2.34 asian line/Sportmarket.....2.08 over 2.25 line is an alternative. I like both, the "official" selection is, as always, the red type bet.

Arles-Avignon : Maraval, Delac - Givet, Ou.N’Diaye, Phojo, Pinteaux, Bocaly - Savanier, Rodriguez, Reale, Ib.Ba, Bennacer - L.Touré, Domoraud, Ngakoutou, Psaume.

Nancy : Nardi, Beunardeau, Cuffaut, Sami, Lenglet, Diagne, Muratori, Amadou, Iglesias, Walter, Karaboué, Cétout, Grange, Lusamba, Dalé, Coulibaly, Dembélé, Hadji, Busin.

source: http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned
    England Championship Norwich vs Brentford

Previews of the last two Brentford games can be read under the "good luck" sign off. The win over Brighton was hard fought, but in truth, they could/should once again have scored another couple of goals and things have not been falling for them in front of goal, they missed 2-3 absolute sitters , worst of which was Jon Toral rounding the keeper and then getting the ball caught inbetween his feet, with a open goal about a metre in front of him ! On the plus side, Andre Gray whom we did well following earlier in the season, scored his first goal in four, after seven in eight previously and having missed a host over those interim three games and like most strikers being streaky once he gets one, we can make a case for him being due again today. At the back, goalkeeper David Button is looking immense right now, playing with huge confidence and just doesn't look like letting one in. Brighton gave the form a boost by getting back to winning ways immediately and beating highflying Ipswich Town in midweek.

This is a similar game to last week, in that City are a big club at this level, playing in front of packed houses each week, albeit with a stronger squad than the Seagulls, but not by much, Brighton are much better than the league table suggests and a top half finish probably awaits them. Once again, the Bees have been underestimated by the oddsmakers and I see no reason to desert them and having beaten the Seagulls and Bluebirds on the road recently, Canaries will be another one for the ornithologistic visitors ! The hosts are one of just two teams to have won at Griffin Park this season, it was a comprehensive 3-0 win, but Brentford were on top for significant periods and after falling behind were denied a clear penalty which everyone in the stadium saw apart from the referee, City scored the second whilst the Bees were still protesting, which of course is unprofessional, but by then it was game over. That was one of several decisions which went against them that night, they are not a team to overly focus on things like that, but the manager, who is always very gracious to the opposition and several players have mentioned it recently, it obviously still rankles and I do suspect they feel that there is a score to settle. Since that day the Bees have earned eight more points than City and have won as many road games as the hosts have at home, the Canaries have been scoring freely recently, with a whopping 14 goals in their last three home starts and are unbeaten under new boss Alex Neil. However, the honeymoon period is over for him now and coming from the SPL, he has no experience of English football for more than a decade and the Championship is a division where a little of that goes a very long way. Also, they have conceded in 12 of 13 home starts, two or more in three of their last five, can be far too gung ho at times and Brentford have the pace to exploit this on the break.

The Bees seem very likely to score, they have done so in their last 14 starts and City "always" concede at home, the visitors also have increased offensive options with young striker Christopher Long having signed a loan deal from Everton and he will almost certainly be used off the bench this afternoon. Cardiff City, Brighton and Reading have all scored two here revently and circa 3.0-3.20 for Brentford to do likewise, seems too big (0.75 units), especially with City and the Royals being very poor travellers and the trio only posting the same number of away wins between them as the Bees. For my "official " selection, it just has to be 1.5 units Brentford +0.75 ball 2.09 asian line/Sportmarket.

Today is the day....the german bundesliga starts again with the 18th spieltag

At first today Wolfsburg will have a match against bayern munich.

I think there is a chance for a draw today and for this odd I take the risk.

So my pick: Wolfsburg - Bayern Munich x @ 4,6

Banned
    Premier League: Crystal Palace- Everton

Palace under Alan Pardew have served us really well and it is hard to let them go unbacked today and what looks a big price facing an Everton team who have lost their way and are heading in the opposite direction to the soaring Eagles. Pardew has been given funds to strengthen his squad (Yaya Sanogo, Jordan Mutch, and Shola Ameobi) and the whole place is buzzing right now and Selhurst Park is not an easy place for anyone to come to, especially when low on confidence.Hosts will get Jedinak and Bolasie back from international duty soon, which will further increase competition for places and everyone will be looking to impress today. We have spoken about the huge energy and high tempo pressing game that the new boss has got Palace playing and they look a team transformed. They took four points off the Toffees last season, winning 3-2 on Merseyside, also winning the reverse fixture this season by the same scoreline, Pardew oversaw a 3-2 home win over Everton just a month ago in his last days at Newcastle, so will have a mountain of notes on the visitors and that recent experience could again be vital and decisive, as it was against Tottenham in the Eagles last home game....see notes for January 10th. Everton have lost their last five on the road, the goals have dried up, just three in six and they are really missing Tim Howard at the back. Pardew is a very offensive minded coach and despite Everton's recent woes in front of goal this could easily turn into a shootout if we get the early breakthrough and another 3-2 would not totally surprise.

1.25 units Crystal Palace -0.25 ball 2.31 asian line/Sportmarket and 0.5 units "over" 3.5 goals 4.0-4.5 general quote.

Banned
    Bundesliga : Eintracht Frankfurt- VfLWolfsburg

The visitors got the attention of the footballing world on Friday night when they put four goals past Bayern Munich , led by an amazing high energy performance from Kevin de Bruyne, who scored twice and also contributed his 11th assist of the season. Bayern had only conceded four goals previously all season through 17 league starts and whilst most teams might have sat back and basked in the glory of that huge win, the Wolves got busy and in a massive statement of intent, completed the signing of André Schürrle from Chelsea for circa 30m €. That has left everyone in no doubt about how VfL see themseleves over the next year or two, a very big player in both domestic and European terms. They also made sure that de Bruyne was also left in doubt about how highly they value him and an already lengthy and lucrative contract is about to be increased and extended until 2020, which I view as a clever move with a new "star" arriving on the scene.

Schürrle is apparently going to take part in a short workout with the rest of the squad this morning, but is not expected to make his debut until Saturday, but his arrival is a really big deal in Germany and after his success in Brazil and West London, he brings with him a winning mentality and will force the other squad members to up their game still further and looks incredibly good business. It is going to be very difficult for them to close that eight point gap on Bayern at the top of the table, but I feel they will want to give it a go and staying within a single digit of the Bavarian giants would be a major achievement and closing it, offer so much for next season. They are currently seven points clear of BMG in third and if they could really push on through the next 3-4 weeks, really cement a Champions League spot early and then look at other targets, which perhaps they are already doing. We have spoken a lot about the Europa League and how the competion, and the last year or two of the UEFA Cup, has been dominated by teams from Eastern Europe and the Iberian Peninsula, but we have no Porto or Benfica this year and the round of 32 and 16 is always testing for the Eastern teams coming off such a long break, Villarreal and Sevilla look decent representatives for Spain, but are both involved in what looks certain to be a season long battle with Valencia for fourth, elsewhere , there are a lot of teams who have been priced up on name alone. If the Wolves can find a way past Sporting this month, I am sure that we will see several of those "names" drop out and Wolfsburg might be in position to let their focus switch to a European title. There is still some 21.0 around for Wolfsburg to win the Europa League, even bigger in a palce or two and if you can find it, or close, I suggest we try 1 unit for now, we can take a closer look at this competition after the round of 32 ties.

Obviously I like the visitors tonight, they have no new injury concerns and although they have been under intense media spotlight since Friday, they will welcome being able to get back onto the pitch so soon and have had almost 24 hours longer to recover than Frankfurt, who lost 4-1 at Freiburg on Saturday. The hosts are without suspended right-back Timothy Chandler, they have conceded seven goals in the last two home games he has missed and both came against bottom half of the Bundesliga teams.and that is going to greatly interest the Wolves and especially whomever plays on the left flank this evening. The away side have a great record in Frankfurt, just two defeats in ten meetings and scoring two or more goals on five of the last six visits.

1.5 units Wolfsburg -0.75 ball 2.13 asian line/Sportsmarket.

The 19. Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start today.

Frankfurt has to play against Wolfsburg.
    I think this should be a clear match for Wolfsburg. After they beat Munich last week (first lose for them) they are totally motivated to do it now.

So my pick Wolfsburg to beat Frankfurt @ 1,9

Banned
    FA Cup: Bolton Wanderers- Liverpool

All the FA Cup betting criteria that we gave to West Ham United, Stoke City, Sunderland etc recently applies equally to Liverpool, this competition offers a genuine chance of some silverware and whilst getting into the top four would still be a target and they have the small matter of the Merseyside derby game at the weekend, they have to keep all their options open for now and they will be motivated to win this and maybe with the big game at the weekend, to get this done quickly if at all possible. They got an incredible boost last weekend with the return of Daniel Sturridge, who welcomed his return with a goal after coming off the bench, having been absent since August, it only took 12 minutes and he had other chances either side of the goal and suddenly things look so much brighter for Liverpool. Raheem Sterling and Philippe Coutinho are near the top of their game, Coutinho has settled now , Liverpool believe he is "world class" and have given him a newly extended, five year + contract this week, Sturridge's comeback was greeted like the return of the prodigal son and 2015 once again offers much promise. I guess there will be some rotation tonight, but Sturridge needs game time and will surely get a little against the club where he scored 8 EPL goals on loan in just 12 appearances in 2011, Steven Gerrard was rested at the weekend so will surely start and he will be hungry in what is his 700th start for the club and to stake a claim to appear in what could be his last derby game. Stevie G has three goals in his last two FA Cup starts and looks big in the anytime goalscorer market @ circa 3.20-3.40 general quote (0.75 units) , even bigger in some places, much lower in others. He remains deadly from free kicks and will be looking to mark a milestone appearance with a goal.

Seven of Bolton's transfer window signings, Ben Amos, Adam Le Fondre, Rochinha, Barry Bannan, Simeon Slavchev, Filip Twardzik and Saidy Janko are ineligible to play because they were not registered for the first tie.Boss Neil Lennon has a whole host of additional injury problems to deal with and his team have had a tough time of things since their 0-0 draw in the first meeting, conceding six goals in starts away to Rotherham United and at home to Wolves. In the match at Anfield, Liverpool had 24 attempts on goal, nine on target and on another day could have won by three, goalkeeper Adam Bogdan was outstanding, but cannot repeat those heroics as he is one of the injuries for tonight, I just cannot see beyond the visitors and expect them to win by two or more goals. 1.75 units Liverpool -1.25 goals 2.20 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    Serie A: Lazio- Genoa

Genoa are without a win in seven and have lost their way after a very solid start to their campaign, however, they do still have goals in them (nine in their last six starts) and a wonderful record against Lazio to hold on to, winning the last seven h2h meetings, including three in the Eternal City. It is very easy to see them scoring this evening, but close to impossible to see them coming away with a clean sheet, arrriving as they do shipping goals and without center back Burdisso, or with a recognised left back , or at least one who has started a game for the club this season.

Lazio were down to the bare bones for the road loss to Cesena last time out, but have increased offensive options today and will be eager to get back on track and into the race for a top 3 finish. At the back, they are still a little shorthanded , but the big loss is Senad Lulic on the left flank, Lazio have won just twice in 16 starts over the last two years when he is absent, conceding two or more goals in half of those games. Interestingly he missed both games with Genoa last season, both of which Lazio lost 2-0, his absence put added pressure on whomever plays on the left side of the backline and an "upset" win is not impossible.

Genoa have scored two or more goals in six of their last eight games against Lazio and have rarely come up empty handed this season, even when their form has dipped.

But defensively they worry me and I prefer to try and bet.....

0.75 units Genoa "over" 1.5 goals 4.33-4.50 general quote.

0.5 units "over" 4.5 goals 6.0-6.5 general quote.

Any of the higher end asian goal line quotes are alternatives.

Lazio: Berisha, Marchetti, Strakosha, Basta, Cana, Cavanda, de Vrij, Mauricio, Konko, Novaretti, Radu, Biglia, Candreva, Cataldi, Ederson, Ledesma, Mauri, Onazi, Parolo, Felipe Anderson,Keita, Klose, Perea.

Genoa: 1 Perin, 2 També, 4 De Maio, 5 Izzo, 10 Perotti, 11 Niang, 14 Roncaglia, 16 Lestienne, 18 Bergdich, 19 Pavoletti, 21 Edenilson, 24 Falque, 23 Lamanna, 33 Kucka, 38 Mandragora, 39 Sommariva, 41 Ariaudo, 88 Rincon, 91 Bertolacci, 93 Laxalt.

source: http://www.clubowi.com

Quote Originally Posted by cabbott View Post
    Hi im new here i have some ideas about daily picks..
    If you love watching football and do not mind betting a small amount of money on some games, football betting could be the thing for you.
    Football betting involves putting a bet about the outcome of a game, on the spread in which a team is anticipated to win, or maybe on the total number of points scored by both the teams.

Check out SBOBET football betting
    Hello,
    Football is the famous game of all around world.. I am a big fan of soccer..most of people use bet but I think betting is the wrong thing.. if you don't agree with me then please reply me..

The 21 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start today.

My pick:

Hertha BSC to beat Freiburg @ 2,05

Champions League round of 16:

My picks:

Chelsea to beat PSG @ 2,7
    Shahktar Donetsk - Bayern Munich over 3,5 @ 2,65

Banned
    Champions League : Schalke 04- Real Madrid

These two met at exactly the same stage of the competition last season (see notes under the "good luck" sign off), with Real winning 6-1 in Germany, courtesy of two goals each from Ronaldo, Bale amd Benzema, Schalke's consolation goal came deep in injury time from prolific striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar. We spoke about him and his importance to the team, ahead of the trip to Eintracht Frankfurt at the weekend, where he was suspended .....

However, it is the fact that the visitors entertain Real Madrid in the Champions League in four days time , allied to the news that they are without Klaas-Jan Huntelaar today which really caught my attention. You do not need me to tell you how big the visit from Real is and that will be a major distraction, KJH has 10 goals and three assists in 24 appearances this season, the only two road games which Schalke have won in the last two seasons without a contribution of some kind from him came against teams in the relegation zone and the visitors have won just 5 of 21 away starts without the Dutch striker since he joined in 2010-11. Hosts to beat a distracted opponent.

They lost that 1-0 , they do get KJH back this evening, but are short handed in other areas with long term injuries in midfield where they look mismatched, even against a Real side also missing players, with a 19 yo keeper in goal who is making his Champions League debut and has only 224 minutes of first team experience to his name and trying to play a 3-5-2 , a formation which has largely not worked in European football. It will require huge discipline from the wide men tonight especially, Frankfurt seemed to target Chritian Fuchs on the left, with a lot of play down that flank looking to exploit the space he left and the goal came via a missed challenge from him.

We are surely going to see a very defensive approach from the hosts, but I am not sure they can keep their shape for 90 minutes against the movement of the visitors front players and the crowd will be urging the home side forward and if and when they concede, they will be forced into opening up. Real are without Sergio Ramos, James Rodriguez, Luka Modric , Fabio Coentrao and Sami Khedira, which is a lot talent to be missing, but a midfield three of Kroos ( surely up for this on this return to Germany) , Illarramendi and Isco ( who is having a wonderful season) look likely to dominate and the return of Pepe to defence is very timely, especially given the alternatives and Marcelo returned at the weekend after missing the debacle against Atletico.

Real have lost their way a little domestically, Ronaldo has only scored three goals this year, which is a drought by his standards, he split with his girlfriend and has just turned 30, which is always a difficult birthday for sportsmen, the lead up to it is usually particular tough. However, we are now two weeks removed and he should have realised that life goes on , which is what normally happens and a return to Champions League action should be just the fillip that he and the club need. They are hardly going to fear a return to Germany, having beaten Schalke, Dortmund and Bayern by a combined 17-4 aggregate in the knockout stages last season and I suspect the club will view this match as the real start of 2015, hopefully we will see a revitalised Ronaldo and a comfortable away win. 1.5 units Real Madrid -1.25 goals 2.04 asian line/Sportmarket.

The 22nd Spieltag of the Bundesliga starts today.

My picks:

Dortmund to beat Stuttgart @ 1,6
    Hoffenheim to beat Freiburg @ 2,3

Banned
    England Football League Middlesbrough- Bolton Wanderers

This might surpise you,at least a little, I often suggest waiting for a better quote with Boro, as they can take an awfully long time to get going here on Teeside, for an example of that, which also outlines all the reasons, you can read the preview of the Charlton game from earlier this month below, 1-1 at the break there, they ran out 3-1 winners. However, tonight I expect a positively rabid showing from them from the get go, intensely hungry and desperate to get back on track after the loss to Leeds United on Saturday lunchtime.They created a LOT of chances there, but team and coach have come under fire from supporters and the local press, not least for too much rotation and they really need a big win to get everyone back on side and the players who were rested Tomlin, Bamford , Omeruo etc to at least show the benefit of that. This is a game they simply have to win. Hosts get Dimi Konstantopoulos back between the sticks after suspension.

Wanderers have had very lengthy injury problems and they have got a lot worse with two players stretched off over the weekend and now Matt Mills has picked up a suspension, they have conceded 21 goals in seven starts over the last month and if that was bad, Mills has missed only 441 minutes of action this season, through which the Trotters have conceded 15 goals, one every 29 minutes ! Time for a big Boro win 4-1 feels about right, Bolton having conceded four to each of Derby, Watford, Forest and Rotherham in the last month..... 0.5 units Middlesbrough to score over 3.5 goals @circa 6.0-7.0 might provide a little excitement if you can find it, alternatively three or more @ 3.0 makes equal appeal.

For my official bet ......1.5 units Middlesbrough -1.25 ball 2.07 asian line/Sportmarket.

My picks for the CL today

Juventus Turin - Borussia Dortmund 1 @ 2,0
    Manchester City - FC Barcelona 2 @ 2,05

Banned
    Europa League Everton- Young Boys

Ahead of the first leg I wrote .....

The visitors are concerened about the artificial playing surface at the Stade du Suisse in Berne, Young Boys laid it last summer and are a perfect 5/5 on it in Europe, with four clean sheets including 2-0 defeats of Sparta Prague and Napoli. It clearly gives them an edge, even if much of it is only in the minds of opponents, the Toffees have practiced this week on a similar surface at Widnes, but similar is not the same and if it does not react in similar fashion, it is only going to complicate matters. Young Boys are the closest challengers to Basle this season and have averaged 2.1 goals per game at home in Super League. 2.6 gpg in those five Europa League ties.They use the surface to play to their strengths, with a very well organised young team, who play at high energy and keep their shape, or perhaps it is that they have adapted their style to the surface, either way, this looks a big ask for Everton for whom the goals have dried up, just one in four starts. The visitors will be confident of a comfortable win at Goodison in the return leg and perhaps happy to come through this without injury and within a goal of Young Boys, especially if that includes a road goal for them.

That finished in a massive 4-1 win for the Toffees and we touched upon the game in the preview for their home game with Leicester City on Sunday ....

Quick turnaround for Everton who played in Berne on Thursday night, but they will be buoyed by the result there and the hat-trick for Romelu Lukaku, who has had a dry spell in the league, with only one goal in eleven starts. That was a wide open encounter and there were chances at both ends and "issues" with three of the Everton goals, which another set of officials might not have allowed. It could easily have ended 4-6 something like that and whilst I am not expecting this to be as gung ho, I do feel we will see goals.

That ended 2-2 which was ideal for us, there could have again been 6-7 goals in that game and despite being involved in a lot of low scoring encounters, Everton will respond when teams are prepared to go toe to toe and open up. This tie is over, hosts face two road games inside the next week, a trip to a hurt and wounded Arsenal on Sunday and to Stoke City on Wednesday, just six points above the drop zone, failure to pick up something from those is going to make for an uncomfortable end to the season. Tim Howard looked very rusty and far from his best at the weekend, he will keep his place, there will be rotation elsewhere, the hosts look vulnerable at the back at the visitors can only play one way which is on the front foot. They will come looking to restore some pride and one or two players will be out to impress with personal ambitions in mind. Surely goals .

1.5 units "over" 2.75 goals 2.17 asian line/Sportmarket.

1 unit Young Boys "over" 1.5 goals 3.75-4.33 general quote if you can find it.

The 23 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start today.

My picks:

Hannover 96 to beat Stuttgart @ 2,25
    Frankfurt to beat hsv @ 2,05

Banned
    England League 1 : Crawley Town - Sheffield United

Nearly all of you will know that I like United in terms of a late promotion push (see below) and they need to keep looking to win and hope that others slip up somewhere along the run in. The hosts are in trouble at the other end of the table and remain in the drop zone, but have won their last two, including away to highflying Swindon Town, by a combined 7-2 goal difference, so will be in confident mood. However, results of their last two home games have been 0-5 and 5-1 , so you can never be quite sure what you will get with Town.

Regardless of which, it is the second half stats that capture my attention, Town's home games have averaged 2.19 goals after the break and United's away starts 1.94, both of which are division high numbers. Both teams will be going all out for maximum points and whilst I might look to play "over" at the break, the current odds make plenty of appeal anyway, so let's instead use the extra 45 mnutes. 1.5 units "over" 2.5 goals 2.04 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    England Championship Bournemouth- Wolverhampton Wanderers

I told you how disappointed I was by Bournemouth's performance at Griffin Park recently and you can see my preview of that game below. They have lost their way, not just in terms of results, they have not won in five (including three home starts), but also in terms of what got them to the top of the table in the first place and that was not haranguing the referee at every opportunity, diving and spoling, they are, or were an attcking, free flowing team and appear to have forgotten that, when the ultimate prize was there for the taking. I am not sure how easy it will be to address, they have also won just 47% of home starts, which is the lowest of any team in the top 8 and they were held scoreless here on Saturday for the first time this season. The hosts might be without Marc Pugh tonight, who was injured at the weekend , the Cherries have lost both starts he has missed this season, conceding three in each , including here to a very goal shy Leeds United . Wolves have got their promotion push back on track after investing heavily in the transfer window and they have won their last three with a 9-0 goal difference, they were especially strong in midfield at Cardiff on Saturday, with the hugely athletic Bakary Sako back to his best and outstanding, influential Kevin MacDonald was running the show in the middle and they were able to switch off and play in second gear for much of this game with one eye firmly on tonight's fixture. at full strength and close to their best, the visitors are a match for anyone across midfield and that is where the hosts are struggling right now an this match looks to have been priced up how it should have been a month ago and a week , let alone four, is a long time in football as well as politics. 1.5 units Wolverhampton Wanderers +0.5 ball 2.20 asian line/ Sportmarket.

WBA to beat Aston Villa @ 3.11.

Villa have zero confidence and even less goals in them. Can't see them troubling a well-drilled defensive unit. Tony Pulis will fancy him chances against Tim Sherwood. The later have been talking a lot but has nothing to show for.

Banned
    Liverpool- Burnley

Liverpool are in great form and will be really buoyed by the very deserved win over Manchester City on Sunday, although it could have been a different story if City had taken advantage of the couple of really good chances they created before the break, including hitting the woodwork and the Reds will give you opportunities if you are prepared to attack them and we know that the Clarets will. Burnley have scored in six of their last seven away starts, including at Old Trafford , Stamford Bridge, White Hart Lane twice (2 in the Cup), the Etihad (2) and St James' Park (3). They are some of the biggest venues in the EPL and Burnley are no shrinking violet on the road, where they seem happier with teams coming on to them. The hosts will be all guns blazing for the win and to keep the pressure up for one of the two Champions League spots . They have had a gruelling schedule and this will be their 17th start of 2015, which included two periods of extra time, plus away trips to Turkey and Southampton and a match agaisnt the champions in the last ten days. Burnley will be playing just their 11th start of the "new" year. Crowd will be urging the hosts forward at every opportunity and that is just what the visitors like and want and with Danny Ings surely looking to secure himself a big move in the summer, this is a great opportunity for him to showcase his talents. 1.5 units Both teams to score 1.91-2.0 general quote, my alternative to that would have to be "over" 3 goals, the visitors are without a cleansheet in 12 away starts and have conceded two or more in 10 of those, at an average of 2.42 per game.

The 4.33 -5.0 for Burnley to score two or more also appeals of course and I have to suggets a little (0.75 units), Leicester City and Middlesbrough both did it here for us and this could easily play out similarly, Burnley will keep going for 90 minutes and sooner or later the hosts will have to tire.

Banned
    today's match
    Brazil, Copa do Nordeste - Group E
    Bahia VS Globo FC at 10:40pm

Banned
    Brazil, Copa do Nordeste - Group E

Bahia VS Globo FC

finished with 1-0

Banned
    nice statistics

Banned
    Conference National: Kidderminster Harriers- Eastleigh

Hosts are suffering financially, players and staff have had salary payments delayed several times this season and all refused to speak to the media recently as a protest. They have now been paid up to date and a wealthy husband and wife who support the club have agreed to bankroll salaries until the end of the season, which at least provides employees with a little stability, but this is a club which is going to have to go backwards , before it can progress. Costs are being cut in every area possible and manager Gary Whild, or whomever is in charge next season, will be operating with a greatly reduced budget probably less than a third of what Eastleigh had last season in the Conference South, the level below National. As you can imagine, the mood at the club is a little subdued and this has manifested itself with their on the pitch performances. Hanging around the playoff fringes (as usual) just before Christmas, Kiddy are 2-3-6 since Boxing Day and the goals have dried up, failing to score in 5 of six (0-3-3) and managing just two goals in nine outings.

The visitors are very well bank rolled by Stewart Donald who had a five year plan to get Eastleigh and the ground up to league standard and many millions later, they would be a year + ahead of schedule were it to be achieved this season.We picked up on what was going on with the Spitfires very early and notes from the last couple of years can be read in the preview of one of their early season games at the foot of this email. I would suggest that you (at least) read the last 2-3 paragraphs of that to get some background information. This could well be the second team we have followed from the sitxth tier into the FL, Fleetwood Town were the first and they are now pushing for a League 1 promotion spot and the Spitfires could do something similar. When trying to pick up on these big potential improvers, I feel the key is looking for owners who provide at least equal funding for off the pitch activities, ground,pitch, training facilities etc, long term projects, then at least you know they are not just looking for a quick fix, an instant return and that they are probably in it for the long haul.

The visitors have been hanging around just outside the top 5 ( only one auto and four playoff spots) for most of the campaign, but fell behind due to a number of postponed fixtures, however, they have run into some real form, winning their last three scoring seven goals , beating 4th placed Macclesfield Town 4-0 infront of the television cameras and winning 2-1 at leaders Bristol Rovers, who were previously 13-4-1 at home, last weekend. That leaves then 6th, outside the post season spots by 5 points and only 13 adrift of Roevrs in first and with 2-3 games in hand over all the clubs above them in the table. They have momentum and the winning mentality from taking the South title last season and there is no knowing how far they could go now with 11 matches still to play. I would suggest that a top 5 spot is very possible/likely (7.0 for promotion currently looks tempting) and we can keep an eye on them on and off over the final two months of the season. They have five forward players , James Constable, Jack Midson, Craig McAllister (the trio are inter changeable up front), Jai Reason and Ben Strevens who are closing in on 50 goals between them and with huge Football League experience, Reason has just earned the Conference POTM award for February. These are options/alternatives other teams do not have and the possibility to continually freshen things up, will be key when others clubs/players are running on empty. 1.25 units Eastleigh level ball 2.15 asian line/Sportmarket Pro ( Pinnacle). there is up to 2.375 for the same market (draw no bet) with european style bookmakers and a general 2.90 - 3.25 for the straight away win, which also appeals. The standard asian quote is +0.25 1.80 which is ok too, but odds are below what I ever personally play, but that is just my own preference, you might see things differently.

My picks for the champions league:

Leverkusen to qualify for next round @1,6
    Arsenal to beat Monaco @ 2,25

Banned
    Newcastle United- Arsenal

Having watched the defensive car crash which was the Everton backline last night, it is hard to believe that United failed to score against them last Sunday and they are clearly a team very low on confidence and the Magpies have now lost their last seven starts, by an aggregate 22-2 goal difference against teams who finished top 7 last season, including a 4-1 defeat at the Emirates against the Gunners. Arsenal won 2-0 at Monaco in midweek which was a goal shy of the three needed to advance, but they did little wrong, dominated the game and as I said the following morning, must still be wondering how they went out to a vastly inferior team. I suspect that will further motivate them for the rest of this season, they can still finish second in the EPL, win the FA Cup and no English team went further in Europe. They have played as well as anyone over the last three months, scoring two or more goals in 18 of 21 starts and in 10 of 12 on the road and they should again have too much firepower for the hosts. 1.5 units Arsenal -1 ball 1.97 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    League 1: Oldham Athletic- Rochdale

This is a local derby and will be keenly fought, neither has given up on a top six finish and Dale will actually move into 6th with all three points, the task is much harder for the hosts who have had a lot of off and on the pitch issues to deal with, which we outlined in a recent preview, which is reproduced at the foot of this email. They lost that 3-1 and they have lost their last three starts at Boundary Park (the coldest ground in England.....believe me !) conceding ten goals in the process. However, I have just watched extended highlights of their 1-0 win at lowly Crewe Alexandra at the weekend and they were much improved there, but we saw something similar (at Port Vale....see below) inbetween the first two of those heavy defeats and it is perhaps a formline not to be trusted. Having said that, I really liked the way the whole squad celebrated the goal with the interim management team and the spirit appears healthy within the Latics.

However, I have spotted a few things, firstly that the host's home games have produced a League 1 high 34 goals before the break ( 1.89 average) and 21 after it, next highest in the division is 28. This is mirrored by Dale who have conceded 62% of away goal in the first half, with matches averaging 1.67 on the road before the break, which is also a L1 high number. Even factoring in that this is a derby game, that makes the "over" 1 goal FH quote of 2.02 asian line/Sportmarket look very appealing and if you can find it, or close, I would suggest 1.5 units. An alternative would be over 1.5 goals and there is quite a bit of 2.90-3.10 around for that.

We have spoken a couple of times about Rochdale's second half form on the road, most recently ahead of their trip to Notts County last midweek ....These two have been in freefall, but maybe now they are facing each other, they might revert to type. County have a goal difference of +3 at home before the break , a woeful -10 in the second half, Dale are -2 on the road in the opening 45 mins, +10 after the break. They trailed 1-0 there, went in 1-1 at the break and won 2-1, something similar could well be on the cards this evening. If Dale are level at half time, we could take 1.25 units at the first asian line quoted above 2.0, we could up that to 1.5 units if they were trailing (losing), I do not want to bet if they are already leading and as usual, we have to be playing 11 v 11 (no red cards).

Exhibition games today
    My picks:

Germany - Australia over 3.5 @ 2.1
    Ghana to beat Namibia @ 1.8
    Denmark to beat USA @ 2.05

Banned
    International Friendly: France-Denmark

France started strongly against Brazil in midweek, but got worse the longer the game went on, with a poor defensive performance and a lot of errors from the backline, setting the tempo for the last hour of the game. They get the chance to immediately get back to winning ways and are probably grateful for that and perhaps for the chage of envioroment, with the match being played away from Paris and in St Etienne. They will not have to face quite the same offensive threat today, but I suspect the Danes will have seen enough to feel that there is at least a goal in this for them and possibly more, they arrive on the back of a 3-2 defeat of the USA in midweek and were angered by the facilities, or rather lack of them offered by the French FA and the hosts might meet a more motivated opponent that the one which actually boarded the plane in Aarhus. They are still without Daniel Agger in central defence and they are without a clean sheet in the eight starts he has missed over the last two years, conceding two or more in four and in friendly games they have given up an average of 2.0 per game in his absence and all those starts were versus teams with less offensive threat that the French. The hosts will probably rotate quite a bit and there will surely be some very hungry replacements who will see this as a good time and perfect opportunity to impress. Alexandre Lacazette and Olivier Giroud with 36 league goals between them this season will be especially keen to show that they are more than back ups and this is a match which promises entertainment and a few goals. 1.5 units "over" 2.5 goals 2.16 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    Japan JLeague

Kashima Antlers- Sagan Tosu

These two met on the final day of last season, which was less than four months ago, ahead of which I wrote ......

Reysol can steal 4th by bettering Sagan's result, or if both win, by scoring one more goal. These scenarios are the real interest in this round of games.

We have spoken a lot about how Sagan approach games ... Ahead of their home game with Urawa last week I wrote ......Expect this to be cagey through the early exchanges.Sagan have drawn 20 of 32 first halves, but only two of those have ended all square (10 wins and 8 defeats).That was level at the break and did actually end 1-1, but Sagan were reduced to ten men and fell behind and to score a late equaliser with ten men, against a team who would have kept the title destiny in their own hands with the win, was a terrific result and all credit has to go to them for plugging away for 95 minutes . Antlers did us a big favour last weekend with that win at Cerezo, but this looks set to be far tougher, despite Sagan being without two suspended players, I feel that the visitors will look to keep this tight as long as possible, definitely until half time, which is their modus operandi in any case and hope that the results outlined above come to pass and that Antlers motivation will evaporate. I quite like Sagan +0.5 ball as a draw could be enough, but would prefer taking big odds for the away win "in play", if Gamba are ahead and doubly so if Reysol also lead. They are without a couple of players, but to my miind, that is more than factored into the odds.

That played out well for us with Sagan winning 1-0, it was not enough for them to claim 4th spot and one of the Champions League places, as Reysol won by the desired two goals, but they did finish level on points with both them and third placed Antlers and perhaps missing out on the international fixtures is a blessing in disguise. Playing in the international club game has certainly not done Kashima any favours so far, they have lost all three Champions League fixtures, conceding eight goals in the process and have just a single point from three J-League starts, shiping three goals at Shimizu who narrowly missed relegation ( by one point) last season and who have not scored in their other two fixtures this time round and also losing at home to a newly promoted team. They had a very young team last season and in their last outing, six were aged 22 or younger and this is the always difficult big second season for many and they are no longer the surprise package they were at the start of the last campaign, key striker Davi who scored and assisted for 18 goals in 2014 has a long term injury and in his absence, Antlers have lost 10 of 18 starts.

Sagan have started well, posting two wins including one over Gamba Osaka, where they went toe to toe early with the treble winners, however, once they took the lead, arguably a little against the run of play they reverted more to type and according to Gamba, "parked the bus", but this is a team with a little something about them and against whom it is absolutely vital to score first. They won 10 times on the road last season and are ideally suited to playing on the break and with Antlers leaking goals, it is easy to see the visitors scoring and one, given their defensive prowess, might well again be enough.

1.5 units Sagan Tosu +0.25 ball 2.28 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    England League 2 : Bury- Morecambe

We spoke about Morecambe last month where I touched upon how desperate they were to add to their squad, but funds were too tight to do so at one of the poorest supported teams in the Football League. They have overachieved this season and last for that matter in terms of resources and are secure in midtable with the magic (safe number) of 51 points. They have not won in five, losing heavily to the only top seven team they have faced in that sequence and they have only averaged a shade over 1 point per game, over their last 20 fixtures. Last year it was a similar story, 35 points from the first half of the campaign, just 19 from the second 23 games, they have to put too big a strain on too few players and it usually comes back to haunt them.

Bury are at the other end of the spectrum nowadays and are well funded, they were amongst the pre season favourites and started well and were top three at the end of October. They lost their way for a time, collecting only 8 points from a possible 27 and were ten adrift of an automatic spot in mid January, but they have gone 10-2-2 since and chipped away at that gap and now sit four points behind Wycombe Wanderers with a game in hand and a lot of momentum. They have won their last four ( three on the road) and appear very focused and confident right now. Visiting central defender Mark Hughes looks set to miss out after leaving the pitch with an injury on Friday, he is the type who would only do so if he was really in trouble and would be sorely missed, he has sat out just eight league and FA cup ties in the last two seasons, through which Morecambe are 1-1-6 and have failed to score in six, those stats are even worse actually, as seven of those fixtures came in the first half of the respective campaigns, when Morecambe were at their best.

1.5 units Bury -1 ball 2.23 asian line/Sportmarket.

The 28 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start today.

My pick:

Hannover 96 to beat Hertha BSC @ 2.05

Champions league matches 14th and 15th april.

My pick:
    Atletico to beat Real @ 2.8

and a small one on:

Porto to beat Bayern Munich @ 4.7

I think the odds is too high. Bayern is weakened. I do see a chance for Porto.

The 29 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start today.

One of my picks:

Borussia to beat Hoffenheim @ 1.85

Banned
    Nagoya Grampus-Shimizu S-Pulse

I spoke about the offensive potential of Nagoya on opening day ......"Gamba Osaka were easily the best J-League team last season and completed the domestic treble despite being in the relegation zone after 14 rounds. Knowing that, it will not surprise you to know that they, with 39 points, were the best team over the second half of the campaign , followed by Kashiwa Reysol with 36 and Kashima Antlers with 33, they were the only three teams to break the 30 point barrier, although special mention goes to Nagoya Grampus with 29, which was far and away the best of the teams who finished in the bottom half of the table and I see them as a big potential improver.

Akira Nishino is in his second year in charge there and his ideas were clearly getting across to the players and having an influence in the second half of last season, he was wildly successful at Gamba Osaka for a decade, winning numerous trophies and two coach of the year awards. He took a while to start winning things at Gamba and Nagoya are clearly prepared to give him time and to back his judgement, the signings of Kengo Kawamata from Albirex Niigata and Leandro Domingues from Kashiwa Reysol last summer worked out well, with Kensuke Nagai thriving alongside them with 9 goals and three assists over the last 17 games and the club averaging almost two goals per game. They have now added veteran Slovenian striker Milivoje Novakovic from Shimizu S-Pulse, who's record of scoring 16 goals and contributing 4 assists in 38 league and cup appearances for a team battling relegation was awesome, as was the fact he was available for every single game and only missed 23 minutes of league action, at pushing 35 years of age. Really see a big season for them if they can all gel and hit the ground running. They open against one the promoted teams and you are never quite sure what you will get with them, but I would suggest that given up the bigger handicap on Nagoya, who were champions in 2010 and runners up in 2011, might be the way to go."

They scored three that day and have actually averaged 2.0 per game across eight competitive matches, scoring three in half of them. SSP have not kept a clean sheet in six and have conceded at least twice in five of those, they did manage to score twice against Gamba Osaka last week, but to be honest, they owed more to the opposition goalkeeper who made two howlers, than any real offensive prowess in that game. The second goal was reported as thus ....."Then, in the 63rd minute Higashiguchi took a cross comfortably and all seemed well. As the defence cleared out and the attacking team returned to their positions the Gamba keeper dropped the ball to the floor, ready to punt it out. He hadn't checked behind though. where Genki Omae was lurking. The diminutive S-Pulse forward pounced on the free ball and tucked it into the net gratefully. 2-2, leaving Higashiguchi red-faced ! " That was not the first error(s) that Higashiguchi has made recently btw and his form has put me off backing Gamba this round.

Anyway , I have not seen an awful lot of them this season, but SSP feel they have played a little better than recent results suggest, however, it seems hard to see how they are going to keep Nagoya out for long and this could easily and quickly develop into a shootout, which is what this "local" game ( SSP are calling this their derby fixture again this season, with the continued absence of Jubilo Iwata from the top flight) usually develops into, with the last seven h2h meetings going "over" at an average of 4.43 goals per game, the visitors have scored at least twice in 6 of 10 visits. Nagoya have score four first half goals in their last two home starts and SSP have conceded at least twice in the second half in their last three away games, so the goals will surely come sooner or later for Grampus.

1.25 Nagoya Grampus -0.75 ball 2.17 asian line/Sportmarket.

1.25 units "over" 3 goals 2.21 asian line/Sportmarket Pro......alternative is the more standard 2.75 goal line at circa 1.90.

Banned
    Irish Premier League Cork City - Longford

I was close to taking Cork City giving up the big handicap against Longford Town who might not be favoured by the quick turnaround, they have tired quite badly in their last two starts after the break and have lost all three road games (league and cup) against the better (top 4) teams, the last two by two goals and the newly promoted club are playing their 5th match of April today and still coming to terms with this level of competition. The hosts were runner up to Dundalk last season , the pair clear of the pack and they are already 1 and 2 again, City host the leaders this coming Friday and will want maximum points ahead of that game, they are 3-0-0 at home this season with a 10-0 goal difference and are 6-0 in those games through the first half, so, strong starters against a team who might tire after the break . The only problem was that the visitors have refused to give out any team news and the hosts have a couple of important players who picked up knocks on Friday and who will be subject to last minute decisions. Therefore, I cannot put this up as a red type selection (official bet), but if you really must have an interest, I would suggest 1.25 units Cork City -1.25 ball 2.08 asian line/Sportmarket.

source : http://www.clubgowi.com