Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Europa League Dnepr - Club Brugge

In terms of league/playoff action in the interim, Club Brugge have greatly increased their chances of qualifying for the CL domestically and will want to hold on to first place in the Championship Playoffs which will ensure they go straight into the group stage next season, to that end, they face their closest challenger Gent, on the road on Sunday and that is bound to be a distraction for their long trip East to Kiev to meet Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk.

We have spoken previously about the huge motivation that the Eastern European teams have for this competion and the fitness advantage they hold once past the first knockout stage round , when the benefit of a lengthy winter break starts to kick in and all that will go double with the CL incentive factored in. Dnipro have replaced Metalist as the third big power in Ukranian football and are looking to make inroads into Shakhtar and Dynamo , they are very tight defensively and have not conceded in seven home starts in 2015, or at all in 437 minutes and only twice in 11 home and away starts, keeping a cleansheet in the first leg and in defeating both Ajax and Olympiakos here in Kiev, where they are forced to play home Europa League ties. The hosts have collected a bit of a reputation for the physical side of their game this season, having collected ten yellow cards more than any other team in the competition, but it was their football which caught the eye in the first leg and they were unfortunate not to have come away with a win, after dominated long periods and running Brugge a little ragged through the closing stages. Squad wise, the hosts feel they are in their best shape of the season, having had a lot of injuries to deal with previously and they are now looking to kick on both here and domestically.

CB are a little short handed defensively and have been for some time, when they have opted to rotate from their best available four at the back, it has not worked out well and they can ill afford any injuries and they have a tough choice between today and Sunday. I take Dnipro to edge this, but it is not in their nature to go gung ho from the start and I would like to hold out for a better quote, they have scored four goals in winning their last three "home " EL games without conceding and all came between the 31st-67th minute, three after the break. Brugge have not conceded an away goal in five EL first half starts, so for me, 1.25 units Dnipro -0.5 ball as soon as the asian quote hits 2.25, as long as they are not already leading and we are playing 11 v 11.

source: Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned
    France Ligue2 Chateauroux- Auxerre

There are some background notes on Auxerre in the Tours preview above, they must have been a little crestfallen after dropping all three points there, a win would have taken then to within two of the automatic promotion spots and with all the momentum they could wish for behind them. However, they have had a full week to take a half step back, reflect on what they have achieved and also that the four clubs immediately above them in the table all dropped points last week and that making up five points, with 18 to play for is still do-able and they have three of their next four at home after today and the very least they can do is put some pressure on the teams who sit in 3rd-6th and see how far that takes them. I do not doubt for one minute that they will be all guns blazing for the win this evening, against a woeful opponent, who are effectively 12 points from safety and already preparing for third tier football, as they largely have been for 11 months, after earning a late, off the pitch reprieve from relegation last season. Auxerre have lost only twice on the road all season, Chateauroux have already lost seven times at home, they have lost their last six starts against top half teams without scoring ( 16-0) including their last home match, a 2-0 defeat to GFCO Ajaccio, where we were firmly on the visitor and ahead of which I wrote ......

"There are brief notes on Chateauroux ahead of their trip to Tours last weekend at the foot of this email (see April 10 newsletter), they lost that 1-0 and it could/should have been far worse , with the woodwork saving them three times. They are effectively ten points from safety, with games fast running out and booked for third tier football next season . Today, they do get central defender Cedric Hountondji (see below) back in the line up, but are even shorter of options, with veratile and most experienced defender Laurent Bonnart injured ( conceded 9 goals in the last 323 minutes he has sat out) along with suspended defensive midfielder Emeric Dudouit. With a host of other injuries, Chat have named just four defenders, three of who are aged 21 or younger, one of the few bright lights on a very dismal season has been teenage offensive midfielder Hamza Sakhi who is also sidelined, hosts have lost four of the six starts he has missed, conceding 14 goals. The home side have underperformed badly against top 7 teams, losing their last four by a combined 13-0 and will have to open up and gamble today with a young and vulnerable backline."

The hosts do have Houtondji and Bobbart ( see above) back today , but Dudoit and Sakhi (again, see above) are still absent along with a handful of others and we will again see a lot of young inexperienced players today, who are going to be a far happier and more comfortable at the lower level next season, where they might even thrive. A loss today will probably mean that relegation will be confirmed on the road next week, rather than on home soil the week after and at lest subconsciously, they might prefer that.

Auxerre have a couple of issues, Sammaritano and Viale , had some family and gastric problems respectively, but have been named in the squad and are expected to join up with them later today and I prefer to take that as an indication of how seriously the visitors are taking this, that they are doing everything to get the pair on the pitch. Sébastien Puygrenier is suspended and there is nothing Auxerre can do about that (!), the central defender has , incredibly, played every single minute of all L2 and Coupe de France games this season and whilst youngster Sonhy Sefil has played in all three league cup ties, he only has 168 minutes of league action to his name and we do not really know how the absence of Puygrenier, who is very much leader of the backline will affect the team. Not enough to lose, but they might be a little more vulnerable than usual and we really should see both teams on the scoresheet, with Chat having no reason to sit back. I think that it is time for them to adopt the approach that if we cannot win, let's at least look to entertain.

1.5 units Auxerre -0.5 ball 2.08 asian line/Sportmarket.

1.25 unit "over" 2.5 goals 2.23 asian line/Sportmarket.

Châteauroux : Bonnefoi, Souchaud - Hountondji, Bain, Nestor, Obiang, Bonnart - Roudet, Plessis, Ca, Kamara, Zola, Koffi - Thil, Makengo, Nnomo.

Auxerre : Lembet, Léon - Aguilar, Castelletto, Djellabi, Fontaine, Sefil - Ait Ben Idir, Bouby, Kilic, Mulumba, Vincent - Berthier, Diarra, Fumu-Tamuzo, Nabab, Sammaritano, Viale.

source: Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned
    Serie A : Fiorentina- Cagliari

Of the matches we have lost on over the last week, most frustrating for me, has to be the Fiorentina- Dynamo Kyiv "over" on Thursday, it is hard to describe how many clear cut opportunities La Viola created early, but it is no exaggeration to say they could/should have been at least four up inside the first 20-25 minutes. If they come out with the same intensity today, they will swamp Cagliari and whilst they have ,at best. only 4th place to play for today and are bound to be a little tired, I do not think it will be so easy to just switch the gas off and neither will they want to, with their Europa League semi final on the near horizon and a midweek game with leaders Juventus, their most bitter rival and they will want to keep the momentum up ahead of both.

Cagliari are struggling, nine points from safety they changed coach again this week with Gianluca Festa becoming the fourth (?) they have had this season, they have been conceding far too freely, almost at the rate of two per game and have lost their last four all by two or more goals. Their cause today is hardly helped by the loss of central defender Luca Rossettini, they have not won in 13 starts without him, conceding an average of 2.08 goals per game. Fiorentina won the reverse fixture 4-0 and a repeat might well be on the cards, but two will do !

1.5 units Fiorentina -1.5 goals 2.33 asian line/Sportmarket.

Fiorentina: Alonso, Aquilani, Badelj, Basanta, Borja, Diamanti, Fernandez M., Gilardino, Gomez, Gonzalo, Ilicic, Joaquin, Kurtic, Lazzari, Neto, Pasqual, Pizarro, Rosati, Rosi, Salah, Savic, Tatarusanu, Tomovic, Vargas.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned
    Nottingham Forest- Cardiff City
    Leeds United- Rotherham United
    Bolton Wanderers- Birmingham City
    Blackpool- Huddersfield

I obviously expect goals in each and will personally be betting strongly, what you do is, as ever, entirely up to you, my reasons are as already outlined , these teams are already mentally lying on a beach somewhere, some players will be looking to impress and maybe earn a move elsewhere and as I said for the Empoli game on Thursday, this is the one day of the year when it will be acceptable to think of yourself and not the team as a whole. Clubs also look to entertain with nothing on the line and season tickets to sell and most want to send fans away with a positive mental memory for the summer, in other words, these are friendly games in all but name.

There is no need for me to add too much more, but Blackpool have already conceded close to 100 goals, we discussed and took goals in Huddersfield's match last weekend ...."This is pretty much a "friendly" with very little at stake, between two teams happier on the front foot and with a history of goals in h2h meetings, with the last two matches at the Galpharm producing ten and I see this very much following suit, with both teams already in holiday mood. Town played out a 4-4 draw here with Derby County last weekend and 61% of their games this season have gone "over" 2.5 goals with 36% producing four or more. Rovers have scored two or more goals in six of their last eight and have also conceded three goals twice in that sequence. Very hard to see either suddenly going into their shell and an early breakthrough could see any number of goals this afternoon at a time of year when games in this league with nothing on the line, can get a little "crazy". There were four goals there, it should have been more."

The Leeds -Rotherham game is a Yorkshire derby, but the Millers only earned survival on Tuesday, I know they were celebrating that and after a very tough few months under enormous pressure, it would only be natural to perhaps let things slide, hosts have conceded 14 in their last six. Forest are a very offensive minded team and have conceded two or more in 6 of their last 7. Nine of the last 10 h2h meetings between Bolton and City have gone "over" and this all feels pretty good.

Nottingham Forest- Cardiff City over 2.75 goals 2.01 asian line/Sportmarket.

Leeds United- Rotherham United over 2.75 goals 2.13-2.20 asian line/Sportmarket Pro.

Bolton Wanderers- Birmingham City over 2.75 goals 2.11 asian line/Sportmarket.

Blackpool- Huddersfield over 2.75 goals 2.02 asian line/Sportmarket.

I am also going to suggest two muliple bets....

all four to go "over" 2.5 goals @ circa 10.0.

and all four to go over 3.5 goals. I will suggest any 3/4 and all 4, that's five bets

from Sports betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned
    AFC Champions League: Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao -Western Sydney Warriors

The last two winners of this competition meet in Guangzhou , renewing a rivalry from last year when Warriors knocked out Evergrande at the quarter final stage en route to wiining the competition. They were two very tight games, with WSW edging home by the minimum margin in the first leg and then going through on away goals on the back of a 2-1 loss in China. It is now Warriors who are defending the title and that was always going to be a huge ask for them this season, not just to do well in this, but also to compete domestically after a hugely draining 2014. I have reproduced notes from last year's first meeting below to provide some background information, we did not preview the group game in Australia in March where a GET team, perhaps also out for a little revenge, won 3-2, courtesy of a Ricardo Goulart hat trick. However, the key points today are that the hosts are already group winners and have nothing to play for but pride and possibly a little more revenge, they play the two Shanghai teams in the next week, including Dongya who currently lead GET by one point at the top of the table and are likely to at least play with those games in mind, giving that this is effectively meaningless.

We also know that it is incredibly dangerous and foolhardy to ever write WSW off, they love to surprise and are absolutely certain to give their all and leave nothing on the pitch today. There task is very difficult, they need to win and hope that the FC Seoul- Kashima Antlers game ends in a draw, that is set to be very close with the winner progressing, or a draw being enough for the Korean team if WSM do not win, so it is easy to see a cat and mouse encounter at least through 45 minutes in Kashima, which should give Warriors encouragement. They are missing several players today including suspended trio of striker Kerem Bulut, defender Yusuke Tanaka and midfielder Kearyn Baccus, but that doesn't really change too much, they will have to gamble and look for goals, as whatever side the hosts put out, they are very difficult to keep out for 90 minutes on home soild, but they are more vulnerable in recent times and have already conceded three at home to Antlers in the group stage ( 4-3) and two to WSW in the reverse leg and the visitors got the away they required here last season, so don't rule out them at least making a decent stab at this and even if they lose heavily, 4-2 or something similar is possible and I see value, if you can find it, in Western Sydney Warriors to score over 1.5 goals ( two or more) at circa 3.50 ( I unit), far easier to back is "over" 3 goals which is a general 2.29 with Sportmarket Pro/ Pinnacle

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned
    Champions League: Barcelona- Bayern Munich

Something always seems to come between a Barcelona - Real Madrid final, but this does look the season it could finally happen . The Catalan giants are playing the best football we have seen them for at least three years and probably longer and Messi, Suarez and Naymar appear unstoppable upfront and it is close to impossible to keep all three quiet for 90 minutes, especially in the big games, where they are all looking to shine and compete, not just with opponents, but each other ( in a good way) and they could not come into this game in better form, with the trio having an incredible 25 goals between them in their last seven starts !

We could argue that Bayern coach Pep Guardiola knows the hosts as well as anyone, but Suarez and Neymar joined after he left and good luck with having a game plan for Messi and the threat doesn't really end with those three anyway ! It is not like Bayern are at their best, far from it, the big second leg win over Porto papered over a few cracks, but the visitors fell apart there and that cannot happen to Barce, not this version anyway. Bayern looked suspect in Portugal and I have spoken previously about the lack of real domestic competition not doing them any favours when it came to the major European ties. They have also struggled with injuries all season and today, Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery, Holger Badstuber, David Alaba and Sebastian Rode are all missing and Robert Lewandowski collected what appeared to be a serious facial injury and concussion last week and if he is available, with have to play with a protective mask, this alone smacks of desperation and if there were options, I doubt that Guardiola would even have allowed him to travel. In his absence at the weekend,soon to be 37yo Claudio Pizarro played up front on his own in a 2-0 road defeat to Leverkusen, after seeing only 122 minutes of action previously since late September, which highlights how few altenatives they have offensively.

There is also the small matter of revenge, if you think the 7-0 aggregate loss to Bayern at this stage of the competion two year ago have been forgotten by anyone in Barcelona, think again and I suspect they might be viewing this as payback and with Bayern perhaps having a few more options for the return, I doubt they will pass up the opportunity to try and put this tie to bed this evening.

Barcelona -1 ball 2.36 asian line/Sportmarket.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi

http://www.clubgowi.com

Banned
    Your ideas about daily picks are just awesome...
    I love watching football and I do not mind betting a small amount of money on some games.

Banned
    England Championship Playoffs Brentford - Middlesbrough

I would like to discuss the match at Griffin Park tomorrow, when the Bees entertain Middlesbrough, we have a whole host of historical notes on both, but I am not going to bother with those.

A Friday night game in the North East will not be so easy for many supporters to attend and I feel the party atmosphere will continue and the players are not under the same kind of pressure from supporters that the other three clubs will be. There is also the not so small matter of that rumoured bonus , if any further motivation was needed., but I prefer to skirt over that.

I also feel that Boro have been a little disrespectful to Brentford, they won both league games without conceding and were even hinting that were orchestrating their result at the weekend to play the Bees and sometimes in life, you should be careful what you wish for !

Boro did murder the Bees on Teeside, but that was one of the three worst performances from Brentford all season , maybe the worst. The match at GP was very different, Boro were on the back foot for most of the game, showed very little offensively, were gifted a goal against the run of play and played simply to hold on, they did grind out a result and sometimes you have to do that, but the Bees looked the better team that day. I have also been disappointed that too often on the road (Watford, Bournemouth especially) towards the business end of the season, Boro have underperformed when the pressure was really on and when they did give themselves a last chance with the win at Norwich ( I have my doubts about City on home soil anyway), they immediately blew it next time out with a loss at a very poor Fulham team, conceding four goals.

In my opinion Brentford come into the game with more momentum and have been creating a MASSIVE number of attempts on goal at home all season, expecially over the last eight games, they have scored 21 goals in those matches, two or more in seven, with no exaggeration, it should have been 30 + and only Ipswich on Boxing Day have outplayed the Bees at GP all season. They are 2.50- 2.75 to score two or more goals today, that just cannot be correct, they have done it in 7 of 8 and could have had three+ in all eight and since August was out of the way and they realised that they were on a par with the rest of the Championship , they have scored two or more in 15 of 21 home league games ( 71.43%) and you can bet them at 36% to do so this evening. Yes, Boro are solid defensively, but on another day would have conceded 2-3 here in the previous meeting and have shipped two or more in 5 of 7 away starts........... Brentford to score two or more goals @ 2.50-2.75 , I am happy to even lose on a price like that !

I see value in the match odds too of course and will have to take a little, so..... Brentford -0.25 ball 2.28 asian line/Sportmarket.

The 32 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start today.

My pick:

HSV to beat Freiburg @ 2.2

Banned
    Premier League: Newcastle United- West Bromwich Albion

United are in trouble, every team at the foot of the table apart from doomed Burnley and QPR are picking up their game, whilst the Magpies are in freefall both on and off the pitch and have lost eight in a row and now sit just two points above the drop zone. Almost to a man, any neutral who has seen them recently has highlighted them as currently the worst team in the EPL and whilst the balance sheet might say differently, this is a club in a tailspin and it is going to be very hard to address, especially when some players have looked less than bothered, something which even the interim head coach could not stop himself from mentioning to the great pleasure of the media last week. They have since been on a damage limitation exercise with supporters, but they are a club getting everything wrong at present.

Albion arrive in good form , three straight wins, all with clean sheets and on the "magical" points tally of 40, which should be more than enough to secure survival. However, it should be remembered that they themselves looked very suspect, conceding ten goals in three starts, including seven in two at home to clubs in the drop zone, before a recent temper tantrum from boss Tony Pulis awoke them from their lethargy. Maybe the John Carver comments last week will do likewise for United, but they are going to have to find some goals to do so, as defensively they do not look able to stop anyone at present and they have condeded 23 in 10, three in each of their last three starts. On the plus side, they do usually score here at St James' Park, with a goal in 16 of their last 19 home EPL starts. The last nine h2h meetings in the North East have all gone "over" with both teams scoring in eight and that is how I see this playing out, United seem incapable of a clean sheet and I think Albion have massively overperformed defensively and four clean sheets in a row, for all but the best in this toughest of leagues is unusual. They have scored ten goals in their last five visits though and will get chances today.

"over" 2.5 goals 2.23 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    Double chancers great luck YOU got ...
    My pick for the day Arsenal

Banned
    France : Ligue 2: Angers- Sochaux

Visitors are out of promotion contention now and have not won in four starts, failing to score in three ,goals have been a problem all season and they have scored the fewest of any top ten team. There is a chance that they will up their game a little for the televised fixture, but you do get the feeling that this is a team in end of season mode.

Angers are third with a two point advantage and also tonight's game in hand over Nancy with just two rounds left to play after this fixture, any two wins will secure promotion and that is a wonderful position to be in, but there is a catch ! Next weekend they travel across country to play Nancy who have a superior goal difference, so, failure to win this evening will hand the advantage, or at least a chance, to ASNL who would take the automatic spot with two wins.

A draw tonight will not overly change things, they would still need to avoid defeat next week to leave matters in their own hands and we have to expect them to go for it.

Sochaux are almost as strong on the road as they are at home and I did consider holding out for a bigger quote on Angers "in running", however, the hosts are 8-0-0 when leading at the half and have only won 3 of the other nine, the visitors have taken something from 9 of 14 road games when not trailing at the break, so are very tough to beat once they get a toehold in a match, Angers do not want that (obviously) and they will get increasingly nervous the longer this goes without a lead.

Hosts remain without 15 goal top scorer Jonathan Kodija , but he has had limited game time since early March and scored just once since the end of January, through which Angers are 7-3-3, which is 0.25 points per game more than they collected previously, so they have clearly been competitive in his absence. Coach Stéphane Moulin described his players as very intense and focused in training yesterday, there were a lot of supporters at the last two training sessions and their "fervour" hada noticeable impact apparently, lifting the squad and sessions.

Sochaux have added a couple of 19 year olds to the squad, the pair have just 76 minutes of first team experience between them, but coach Florian Tardieu said "they are going to bring the passion" which indicates both might well play this evening and they could have a very youthful midfield and they will line up against a talented and experienced group of midfielders on the other side of the pitch.

We should see a home win and given those stats, I suspect it is most likely, and would be better for nerves of all concerned, if it came along with an early goal,Angers-Angers 2.75-2.90 HT/FT double result general quote, alternative would be the half time home win on asian lines.

Angers : Butelle, Letellier - Angoula, Bouka-Moutou, Guillon, Pierre, Thomas - Ben Othman, Camara, Diers, Gomez, Mangani, Manceau, Ngando, N'Gosso, Pessalli - Ayari, Clémence.

Sochaux : Pelé, Camara - Gibaud, Faussurier, Vivian, Senzemba - Guerbert, Kharja, Tardieu, Habran, Ilaimaharitra, Daham - Butin, Toko Ekambi, Sao, Caceres.

Banned
    These predictions will help us a lot thank you ..

Banned
    Auxerre - Creteil

This is a "friendly" and these matches normally provide entertainment at this stage of the season. Auxerre have a cup final with PSG to look forward to in two weeks time and no one secure of a starting place for that, will be taking too many chances over the final two league games and run the risk of missing out on what might be the biggest match of their career for many. So much for the hosts to look forward to, not just the final, but a 2015-16 season full of promise after ending this campaign strongly. Creteil will be equally pleased taht they are free of relegation worries with games still remaining after looking in trouble mid season, their decision to change coach and ditch their free and easy ways, where they were happy to go toe to toe and try to outscore anyone, has been vindicated, but is a little sad in terms of what they brought to Ligue 2 which was a real sense of adventure. However, I am hopeful that we might see a return to that over the final weeks and Auxerre look the ideal opponent. "over" 2.5 goals 2.06 asian line/Sportmarket Pro.

The 33 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start this weekend

My picks:

Mainz to beat Köln @ 2.1
    Borussia to beat Bremen @ 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by BettingMax View Post
    The 33 Spieltag of the Bundesliga will start this weekend

My picks:

Mainz to beat Köln @ 2.1
    Borussia to beat Bremen @ 1.8
    yeah won haha

Banned
    MLS: Sporting Kansas City -New England Revolution

Back to back draws for New England and they might be concerned about dropping two points both at home to Toronto and on the road to Orlando , but that has extended their unbeaten run to nine and they will want to take that to double figures ahead of a top of the Eastern Conference clash with DC United on Saturday. They have traditionally struggled in Kansas, but got that monkey of their back last year with a 3-2 win here last September, a first road win in ten in this series. They actually won all three meetings with SKC last season , have not lost to them inside 90 minutes in five and could hardly be meeting the hosts at a better time. Unless Sporting can get a couple of fringe players back in time from loan (at lower level clubs), they will not be able to name a full bench and will be picking from just 14 available
    outfield players. This is almost never quite as bad as it sounds, but they will most likely only have four available defenders and will not have key winger Graham Zusi ( won just 7 of 24 in his absence last three seasons) and midfielders Roger Espinoza and Marcel de Jong are also doubts , if both play it will be tough, if either misses out more so and if both are sidelined , it is very hard to see them getting anything from this. Home bloggers are predicting both will sit this one out and that looks about right with SKC having vital Western games against Seattle (twice) and Dallas in their next three starts.

We have discussed Revolution many times this season and most of you know that I rate them highly as see them as a team with massive potential, given the team news, this is a game they should be taking at least a point from and the handicap start looks a real bonus.....

New England Revolution +0.25 ball 2.07 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    Niort- Laval

Huge credit to Niort for how they have played over the second half of the season, through which they have already collected 29 points and won 7 of 11, before stepping off the gas a little over their last two starts, through early season they looked shambolic defensively and that will need to be further addressed in the summer. Three of their last six starts have produced five or more goals and I can see this following suit. 15 goal striker Seydou Kone is one of few who has any hope of catching Le Bihan ( see Le Havre preview) in the top L2 goalscorer race, he has ended the season on fire, with three goals in his last four starts and 13 plus four assists in 24. I think his contract was only for one season, so expires next month, at 32 yo , he will be looking to get one last decent contract here or somewhere else and will be looking to continue to impress. Hosts are missing right back Kevin Malcuit and have conceded ten goals in the last five games he has sat out.

Laval are better than 10th place suggests, at least if you listen to them, but they have paid the price for being too timid and 21 draws is too many, an extra 11 points by gambling in half of those and winning just 50% would have seen them top 3 this morning and they have to learn from that, gone are the days when a road point was good enough match after match in this division. They have opened now, last two starts have produced four goals and they have scored five and hopefully they are using the run in to experiment offensively for next season, it certainly looks that way. However, they are without Said, Diallo and Alla, who have 15 goals betweem them and first choice goalkeeper Lionel Cappone , replacement Maxime Hautbois has conceded a goal every 43 minutes in his two road starts.They are far from a lost cause offensively as the midfielders have found a few goals, but the two named strikers are only a combined 40yo and Duckens Nazon will be making his debut if he plays.

Definitely advantage Niort, but odds of 1.83 do not overly appeal and the "over" still makes more appeal.

"over" 2.5 goals 2.02 asian line/Sportmarket.

I will also take -0.5 ball Niort in running, if the line hits 2.10, as long as they are not already leading and we are playing 11 v 11.

Niort : Delecroix, Roche - Lahaye, Sans, Barbet, Bernard, Batisse - Martin, Koukou, Diaw, Roye, Sambia - Dona Ndoh, Ba, Koné, Rocheteau.

Laval : Hautbois, Lesec - Ben Djemia, D.Konaté, Chafik, Monfray, Couturier, Polomat, Mukiélé - Robic, Zeoula, Gonçalves, Boumous, Etinof - Guirassy, Nazon.

Banned
    Ligue1 Toulouse - Nice

I will take a little on the "over" in the Ligue 1 match between Toulouse and Nice, these two have played out a few really high scoring encounters in recent campaigns, the reverse fixture this season saw five goals and the meeting here two years ago, produced seven, with Nice edging home 4-3. The last three Toulouse starts have gone "over", with both teams scoring in six of their last eight and only Reims have conceded more goals, Nice's last ten have seen eight "overs".

Both teams are now safe from any relegation issues, can relax and play pressure free football and that should result in goals. I am (again) not really concerned with team news, but each has defensive issues and both appear to be coming into this with a very offensive approach and line up and this should be fun to watch.

Toulouse-Nice... "over" 3 goals 2.39 Pinnacle/ Sportmarket Pro .......alternatively "over" 2.75 goals 2.04 asian line/Sportmarket.

Toulouse: Ahamada, Vidal – Akpa Akpro, Kana-Biyik, Matheus, Ninkov, Spajic, Tisserand, Yago – Blin, Bodiger, E.Didot, Regattin, Makach, Trejo – Ben Yedder, Roman, Pesic.

Nice: Delle, Hassen РBodmer, Boscagli, Palun, G.Puel РAlbert, Bauth̩ac, Digard, Carlos Eduardo, Eysseric, Koziello, Vercauteren РHonorat, Bosetti, Maupay, Pl̩a, P.Puel.

Banned
    This is really great I think. Thanks

Banned
    Quite a good numbers you have predicted here..Thanks for the help.

Banned
    FA Cup Final: Arsenal- Aston Villa

It was understandable that Villa switched off after securing EPL survival with this big final very much in mind, but a thumping at Southampton, where they were 5-1 down at the break (!) and a home loss to relegated Burnley was hardly a confidence boost and they must be a little fearful of how today could play out, especially if they were to concede early. The fact that they lost both league meetings by an aggregate 8-0 will not help, nor will the fact that the Gunners ran riot against WBA last week, ahead of which I wrote ....."The Gunners have looked a little jaded in front of goal recently and you will probably have to wait a long time before they go another three games at the Emirates without scoring, but they did manage 51 attempts on goals (17 on target) in the last two, averaging 71% possession and the likelihood is that they will not be too far away from those numbers today and I think we can expect a more positive outcome. They will be looking for some form to take into next week's FA Cup final and are under no pressure this afternoon, having now secured third place and the extra (two week ?) holiday that brings with it. Arsenal also have a fine final day record (unbeaten in nine) and have scored four goals in each of the three home games in that sequence, they have scored in all 17 EPL games against Albion, averaging over two per game and I expect normal home service to be resumed today, especially as the visitors seem almost certain to come with a FAR more positive attitude than either Swansea City or Sunderland."

That was over as a contest inside 15 minutes and Theo Walcott, who is still in contract negotiations, thrived in the central striker position with a hat-trick before the break. That was the perfect run out for the Gunners, who had very little luck in front of goal in starts leading up to that game and Arsene Wenger has a surplus of offensive options and decisions to make today and seems sure to go with a very attacking line up. Walcott Alexis Sanchez, Olivier Giroud (scored in his last three against Villa....all before the break) ,Mesut Ozil (scored in both games versus Villa this season), Aaron Ramsey and Santi Cazorla, are too much for most teams to handle, let alone a Villa backline that remains suspect.

On the plus side for the Villans, Tim Sherwood is a very offensive minded coach and he probably knows that Arsenal will be most vulnerable early, Hull City were two up inside nine minutes in last year's final with the Gunners and the North London side are prone to the odd first half debacle (3-0 down at Stoke at HT ). Villa have scored 71% of goals before the break, which is the wrong way round and Arsenal are incredibly strong in the 15 minutes before HT scoring an EPL high 19 goals through this period. A very attractive looking game in prospect, good chance for early action and I will suggest we go with....... "over" 1.25 goals FH betting 2.28 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    More Bets on Barcelona as they are winning all of their games.

My pick for 2nd leg relegation match Karlsruher SC - Hamburger SV:

Karlsruhe to beat HSV @ 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by BettingMax View Post
    My pick for 2nd leg relegation match Karlsruher SC - Hamburger SV:

Karlsruhe to beat HSV @ 2.2
    Wah...luck for HSV with the handball...but the HSV was the better team yesterday..congrats...

Banned
    2-1?? i think it would 3-2 ...just was an opinion..but too good luck for your prediction.

Banned
    MLS: Houston Dynamo- New York Red Bulls

Red Bulls will doubtless be pleased to see the back of a very disappointing month of May, they went into it unbeaten through seven games, but have taken just four points from five starts since and fallen behind both main rivals DCU and Revolution in the race for first place in the Eastern Conference. Having said that, they do have at least two games in hand on both and feel they have been playing far better than recent results suggest, but they need to get back to winning ways. They surprised a lot of people early with their high pressing, high tempo style under new coach Jesse Marsch,but coaching/scouting reports soon arrived and teams then knew what to expect and sat back a little more and whilst Marsch is sticking with his game plan, it is and already has been tweaked a little. But teams are overloading the midfield and then hitting NYRB on the break and Dynamo have the personnel to do just that. New York have looked vulnerable defensively in recent starts and are in a tough place tonight with central defender Damien Perrinelle suspended, they will have to either bring in left back Roy Miller to play alongside Karl Ouimette who has already looked suspect even along side Perrinelle , or go with Andrew Jean-Baptiste, who has not played a first team game since September and never for Red Bulls, with alternatives injured. Miller seems most likely, but he had a bit of a nightmare in his last outing in the centre. They have also been overloading the left flank a bit recently , I am not sure if that is on purpose or not, but it leaves them vulnerable on the right and Chris Duvall at right back could be in for a long evening and a left back in the middle, is hardly going to help in that regard, with his natural instinct to shift in teh other direction. So, very hard to see them keeping Dynamo out for 90 minutes.

The hosts have backline problems of their own, with a central defensive partnership of Jermaine Taylor and David Horst giving huge cause for concern, the left back likes to get forward and the right has been moved across from the middle and this is very much a backline in transition, a work in progress. New York will love to see Taylor and Horst again, last time the pair faced Red Bulls was just over a year ago and they were run ragged, with NY scoring four unanswered goals, Bradley Wright-Phillips notched a hat-trick and he will fancy his chances this evening. That match was in the Big Apple, but Red Bulls have scored two or more in six of their last seven visits to Houston , with Dynamo doing likewise in five. With both teams having issues at the back, it is easy to see this trend continuing and I will opt for......

over 2.5 goals 2.14 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    Good article..got some quality information from it...

Banned
    UEFA Champions League Final: Barcelona- Juventus

It seems a little pointless to overly discuss this match, as we all know the two teams so well, as do the oddsmakers. Both are worthy finalists and are probably the two best teams in Europe and if you took Lionel Messi out of the equation, there would not be too much between them, but the still only 27 yo, who seems to have been around for ever, might not even be at his peak yet and has looked at his very best this season, actually getting better on a month by month basis and we will be able to tell our grandchildren that we saw him play !

Messi has 58 goals from 56 starts this season and 30+ assists, in a team where he is "sharing" the goals with Neymar and Suarez, but two other things stand out for me, firstly,the respect that duo show the wee man, both have huge egos and accept without question that he is the star of the show and runs things and that says plenty, also, that he has missed one 45 minute period of La Liga action this season, otherwise playing in every minute of every league game and that tells you just as much about his love for the game and steely nature. This is a strong man and the fact that, with nothing to prove to anyone but himself, that after a poor last season, but his own impossibly high standards, he put himself on a very strict diet to get into the shape of his career this season and now he, and Barcelona, are reaping the dividends. I expect him to lead the Catalan giants to another title, but how to back them and get a decent price, both teams have scored in eight of the last ten Champions League finals, Barce have conceded in half of their CL matches this season and only failed to score in one of 12 opening halves in the competition, which we need for an open encounter. Juve will surley look to keep this tight and scoreless for as long as possible, but they had the same intention against Real Madrid in both legs of the semi final and conceded in both before the break. They will be without Giorgio Chiellini at the back today. they conceded twice at home to Real last season in his absence and whilst he has been ever present in the competition this season, Juve have conceded in 8 of the last 9 Serie A starts he has missed, at an average of 1.33 goals per game ( just 0.41 pg in other matches). If we get the early goal, this could become very entertaining and Juve can play their part in that, I would suggest, Barcelona to win, with both teams scoring 3.50-3.75 general quote, my alternative suggestion would have to be the "over".

Banned
    cabbott gave all the information that you need..

Banned
    Sweden - Nigeria

These two are in the group of death (there is always one !), along with the USA and Australia , but with four of the six third placed teams also making it through to the knockout stage, it is not quite as daunting a prospect as it could be, but with a game against the US to play, neither will want to lose this opener and that might dictate how this will be played out. Anyway, for today, it is Nigeria I wish to discuss. Their squad is very young, with 18 players aged between 18-23 , but six of them were the core of the U20 team which lost after extra time to Germany in the 2014 World Cup, scoring 15 goals en route to the decider. The competition was held in Canada, so the FA and squad will know what to expect and they thrived on the atrificial turf, Asisat Oshoala who is now with Liverpool, was top scorer in 2014 and voted best player in the tournament. Nigeria were incredibly impresive there and I am sure that they have unearthered another gem or two and despite one or two false dawns previously, this might really be the "golden generation", I think that the squad is so young and yet "only" six from the U20 team have made it, kind of highlights their potential. They have arrived with a target of a top four finish and coach Edwin Okon said: “What they lack in experience, they make up with their skills, strength and strong mentality." With this spirit, I can beat my chest that we can get to the semi-finals." We are African champions and are going to prove it in Canada.” Forget what you might have seen from the Ivory Coast yesterday, this is far more cultured team, they themselves put four past IC in the African Championships and also showed they could keep things tight in a recent 0-0 draw with Canada, where they were trying out a new formation. Nigeria really could be the surprise package at these championships, Sweden admit that they know "nothing" about their opponent and I see no reason why they should be asked to give up more than a full goal, in a match which could be cagey early and avoiding defeat will be a first priority.

Nigeria +1.25 ball 2.12 asian line/Sportmarket.

Banned
    Good Streaks ..and good piece of information...

Banned
    Euro 2016 Qualifying: Kazakhstan - Turkey

I am not keen on the qualifying criteria in general as there are too few must win , or dare no lose games. at least early on, but one or two sections are starting to look interesting and Group A is certainly one of those. Czech Republic and Iceland both have 12 points and Netherlands are trailing with seven, followed by Turkey with five. Even making the playoffs via third place is going to be a tall order for Turkey, they will need to really go on a roll and/or someone to slip up badly and cannot afford anything less than three points today. They have a very good record against Kazakhstan winning all five meetings, by a combined 18-2, including the earlier group meeting 3-1 in Istanbul, the two countries are close, as Turkey were the first state to recognize the independence of Kazakhstan and I suspect they might not put up too much resistance today. This is a massive game for Turkey and they have found a little form , following up that win with a 1-1 draw agaisnt the Netherlands in Amsterdam where they were denied all three points by a late, late equaliser and coming into this game with a confidence boosting 4-0 demolition of Bulgaria four days ago. Hosts have not scored in three and have conceded seven in their last two home starts, I cannot see beyond the away win and think they will find a second to take the pressure off. I favour both to score and Turkey to win by two or more, which has been the outcome in three of Kazakhstan's last four group games , 1-3, 1-4, 2-4 something like that (they are priced @ 15.0/ 29.0/76.0 respectively) , but I will keep things simple and opt for Turkey -1.25 ball 2.11 asian line/Sportmarket.

If you wanted to hold off for a better quote, or to "get on", only one of the 13 goals that the hosts have conceded in their last four starts have come inside the opening 21 minutes, but four have come between the 21st-33rd mins, so don't leave it too long !

Banned
    thank you paul for proving the information..

Banned
    Brazil: Serie A : Gremio Porto Alegre -Atletico Paranaense

Today's matches in Brazil are very tough to call, but I will suggest a little on this. We sided with Atletico Paranaense last weekend in their 2-0 defeat of Vasco da Gama, who were hard hit by international call ups and they meet an opponent with similar issues today. Those points took AP to the top of the table and a fifth stright win will do so again this evening, that might be a big ask, but a point would see them level with Sao Paulo and that looks an easier target and a result perhaps the host could also live with. This is traditionally a low scoring series, with the last five h2h meeting producing a maximum of one goal. Therefore, if AP could find a goal, it might well be enough for at least a share of the points and there is every indication that Gremio will be more vulnerable than usual this evening. They are without goalkeeper Marcelo Grohe and central defender Frickson Erazo ( one win in four without him this season, seven goals conceded) who are on international duty and right back Rafael Galhardo ( lost both starts he has missed 2-0....although both were road games) is injured and they lack the protection of key defensive midfieder Ramiro who has a long term injury and is yet to play this season ( nine goals conceded through six starts, four at the same stage last season). Atletico plus the draw for me.

Edit: Late news that Galhardo trained on Saturday and has been named in the squad, that changes things slightly, so I have reduced stakes, but the central spine of the team still looks weak.

Atletico Paranaense +0.5 ball 2.09 asian line/Sportmarket.

Gremio: Braian RodrÃ*guez, Bruno Grassi, Douglas, Edinho, Fellipe Bastos, Galhardo, Geromel, Giuliano, Júnior, Lincoln, Luan, Lucas Ramon, Maicon, Marcelo Oliveira, Pedro Rocha, Rafael Thyere, Rhodolfo, Tiago, Walace,
    Yuri Mamute , Vitinho.

Banned
    Women's World Cup: Group A:

Canada- Netherlands

China- New Zealand

Canada have created plenty of chances, but only have a single goal to show for it and are still not certain of even a top 2 finish. Christine Sinclair is the focus of so much of what they do offensively and this resulted in a very one dimensional offence. They switch from Edmonton to Montreal today, but are going to get huge support once again, maybe even bigger than for opening day and certainly in the 45,000 -55,000 range. The playing surface there is a little different too, Xtreme as opposed to FieldTurf, so conditions and surroundings will be a little alien to both teams.The hosts would secure first place in the group with a win and they are desperate for that as it would mean playing their Round of 16 and then last eight game in Vancouver, this is the home of the national team in more ways than one and as TSN described: "Vancouver is not just some ordinary training camp base, it is way more valuable than that. "Vancouver is the ancestral and spiritual home of the WNT and contains all those familiar patterns and surroundings - a soccer sanctuary like nothing else in the history of competitive soccer in Canada. "Vancouver dispenses refuge and reward in equal measures."

Of course, wanting and doing are very different things and the Netherlands come into the match knowing that they probably need a point to clinch a place in the knockout round , they are ranked just four places below Canada in world rankings and have proved very difficult to score against in their two opening games. Canada have to qualify, but want to finish top, Netherlands would be incredibly pleased with a point, both could achieve those aims if China do not win the other match being played simultaneously in Winnipeg and I feel that match could have a huge bearing on how the game in Montreal plays out.

I am quite taken with the Chinese and ahead of their win over the Dutch my preview went a lot like this.....

"The Canada- China game played out pretty much as I thought it might, ahead of which I wrote .............I am very interested in the Women's World Cup as a tournament, but am not going to get involved betting wise until Monday, today's matches should be very informative and I am keen to see China in action, they arrive with an extremely young squad, all aged between 19 and 26, Canada, whom they meet today, for example, have nine players aged 31+. The Chinese are building long term, looked very comfortable on the ball in the little I have seen of them and despite their youth, have played together as a group for some time. There is a lot of pressure on the Canadians as hosts and there will be a big crowd at the game, but this is also a concern for me with the Chinese, who started a recent friendly match against England very nervously, before settling into the game and impressing, all in all, I prefer to sit this one out.

I think the Chinese were again nervous at the beginning, but grew into the game, were denied by the woodwork, but were very disciplined and clearly came for a point, which they were within a minute or two of achieving. The youngsters are on a very steep learning curve and will come on a lot for that and will not face the same level of massed support against them this evening. Coach Hao Wei said we will see a far more attacking approach from his players this evening and that might be the case, but I do not think that a point would be a disaster for either and it is hard to see with four third placed teams making it through and China's "easiest" game to come, that four points and no heavy defeat that four points would not be enough. The coach felt he had spotted some "flaws" in the Dutch defence and was confident his team would be able to exploit them. There was certainly encouragement for the Chinese from the Netherlands opener, with New Zealand coming on very strong through the second period, creating the better chances and being denied what they felt was a strong penalty appeal. I think the conditions and playing surfaces here will take a big toll and opening day temperatures of circa 23 degrees, where said to be way, WAY higher "on field" with the the artificial turf holding and reflecting the heat and really having an effect on players and this is something I am sure we will be returning to later this week, with some teams sure to hold up better, or certainly be more used to playing conditions that the surface will generate. If there is any advantage in that regard today it will surely be with the Chinese, which is a bonus."

They edged that 1-0, with this time a late goal in their favour. A win today could see them take first place in the group, a point should be enough for second place, however, New Zealand can only progress with all three points and sooner or later they will have to throw caution to the wind and take the game to the Chinese and then they will be vulnerable. They are a very physical side and dangerous from set pieces and have an edge in this department against the Chinese, but they will leave themselves vulnerable once they push forward and at the end of the day, the Ferns have never won in 11 World Cup appareances and only once in seven starts at the Olympics and they do not get too many chances to test themselves at this level in competitive games. The two teams met in China early last year, with the hosts winning 1-0 , it was a close encounter, but I would argue that the Chinese are much improved since then and they would have learned a lot from that game, with ten of the New Zealand side who played that day featuring against Canada last week.

I expect both games to be cautious early, that has been the MO of this group, with only one goal coming inside 90 minutes in the four games so far.

I favour China to win narrowly once the Ferns are forced forward and out of their comfort zone.......China -0.5 ball 2.10 general quote....2.14 asian line/Sportmarket.

Canada, under coach John Herdman are 17-3-2 against non top 7 teams ( nations ranked below them) and I think a change of enviroment for them might re-invigorate the team, they desperately want to win the group and unless NZ race into an early and decisive looking lead in the other game, which seems unlikely, the easiest and least fraught way to do so, would be by winning this. They have given little away defensively and I feel they can edge this, I will suggest Canada -0.75 ball 1.95 asian line/Sportmarket, but if you are watching this match "in running", a better option might be to wait for the -0.5 ball line to reach the same 1.95 quote.

Banned
    Good going there cabbott..i appreciate it..

Banned
    England vs Colombia

Ahead of Columbia's win over France I wrote....

"Colombia has a potential world star in Yoreli Rincon and have also developed a bit of a physical side and France might be wary of that and might take the option to rotate. England did a job on wonderfully gifted Elodie Thomis on the left flank, she caused Colombia a lot of problems in the Olympics and they will have taken note of that . Famous last words, but I do not see France going out of they way to run in a hatful and a low scoring win , might still keep the option of avoiding Germany open, a wide margin victory will probably not. The US are the only team that have scored three against Colombia in the last five years and I see a one or two goal win for Les Bleus as the most likely outcome."

We took them +2.25 goals and they won 2-0, it was very much against the run of play, but Colombia were no less impressive for that and I would now argue that they have several, if not world class, then very close to it, offensive players, good options off the bench and are a tireless team with boundless energy and a bit of a physical side, they have a very good goalkeeper, which always gives you a chance and not many teams will play out the last 15-20 minutes better than them, all things considered, despite the early dominance of the French, they were pretty impressive. I watched some interviews with the English players yesterday and to a woman, they seemed to feel they were going to get kicked from pillar to post today, which seems odd and might influence how they approach this. It feels a bit drawish, England would like to avoid third place would could easily turn out to be a last 16 meeting with the defending champions, Japan, but as already indicated, I do not feel that they will finish as strongly as the South Americans. Colombia +0.75 ball 2.02 asian line/Sportmarket and a minimal stake on England to win by exactly one goal at a general 3.25-3.50 , which would mean that if Colombia score, as I think they will, England would need to score three for us not to turn a profit and they have shown no likelihood of doing so here in Canada and as previously discussed, it is a rare occurrence for the Columbians to concede that many.

Banned
    Good article i liked the way you have presented the information..

Banned
    Germany- Sweden

I was not very complimentary about Sweden after their opener with Nigeria, maybe they were caught out by the severity of the conditions, they looked much better against the US, a team they know well , but a third draw with Australia left them needing help to qualify and a last 16 meeting with Germany was not how they saw this competition playing out for them. However, perhaps they will be more comfortable against another team they are far more familiar with and one against whom they have done well in the past. We can bet Sweden today at odds against, with a full handicap goal start, that would never have lost in nine previous meetings, including two earlier this year and given that Germany are unlikely to be too gung ho if they do take the lead and looked vulnerable after the break against Norway, that looks too big. Germany will doubtless start strongly again and Sweden might have to ride an early storm, but if they can see out the first ten minutes, I can see this becoming a bit cat and mouse and Sweden, who are very dangerous from set pieces, might even cause an upset.

Sweden + 1 ball 2.06 asian line/Sportmarket.