• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul8209
    Banned
    • Sep 2014

Sweden - Nigeria

These two are in the group of death (there is always one !), along with the USA and Australia , but with four of the six third placed teams also making it through to the knockout stage, it is not quite as daunting a prospect as it could be, but with a game against the US to play, neither will want to lose this opener and that might dictate how this will be played out. Anyway, for today, it is Nigeria I wish to discuss. Their squad is very young, with 18 players aged between 18-23 , but six of them were the core of the U20 team which lost after extra time to Germany in the 2014 World Cup, scoring 15 goals en route to the decider. The competition was held in Canada, so the FA and squad will know what to expect and they thrived on the atrificial turf, Asisat Oshoala who is now with Liverpool, was top scorer in 2014 and voted best player in the tournament. Nigeria were incredibly impresive there and I am sure that they have unearthered another gem or two and despite one or two false dawns previously, this might really be the "golden generation", I think that the squad is so young and yet "only" six from the U20 team have made it, kind of highlights their potential. They have arrived with a target of a top four finish and coach Edwin Okon said: “What they lack in experience, they make up with their skills, strength and strong mentality." With this spirit, I can beat my chest that we can get to the semi-finals." We are African champions and are going to prove it in Canada.” Forget what you might have seen from the Ivory Coast yesterday, this is far more cultured team, they themselves put four past IC in the African Championships and also showed they could keep things tight in a recent 0-0 draw with Canada, where they were trying out a new formation. Nigeria really could be the surprise package at these championships, Sweden admit that they know "nothing" about their opponent and I see no reason why they should be asked to give up more than a full goal, in a match which could be cagey early and avoiding defeat will be a first priority.

Nigeria +1.25 ball 2.12 asian line/Sportmarket.

from Sports Betting Advice Service Clubgowi

http://www.clubgowi.com

Comment

• Nelson123
      Banned
      • Feb 2015

Good Streaks ..and good piece of information...

Comment

• paul8209
        Banned
        • Sep 2014

Euro 2016 Qualifying: Kazakhstan - Turkey

I am not keen on the qualifying criteria in general as there are too few must win , or dare no lose games. at least early on, but one or two sections are starting to look interesting and Group A is certainly one of those. Czech Republic and Iceland both have 12 points and Netherlands are trailing with seven, followed by Turkey with five. Even making the playoffs via third place is going to be a tall order for Turkey, they will need to really go on a roll and/or someone to slip up badly and cannot afford anything less than three points today. They have a very good record against Kazakhstan winning all five meetings, by a combined 18-2, including the earlier group meeting 3-1 in Istanbul, the two countries are close, as Turkey were the first state to recognize the independence of Kazakhstan and I suspect they might not put up too much resistance today. This is a massive game for Turkey and they have found a little form , following up that win with a 1-1 draw agaisnt the Netherlands in Amsterdam where they were denied all three points by a late, late equaliser and coming into this game with a confidence boosting 4-0 demolition of Bulgaria four days ago. Hosts have not scored in three and have conceded seven in their last two home starts, I cannot see beyond the away win and think they will find a second to take the pressure off. I favour both to score and Turkey to win by two or more, which has been the outcome in three of Kazakhstan's last four group games , 1-3, 1-4, 2-4 something like that (they are priced @ 15.0/ 29.0/76.0 respectively) , but I will keep things simple and opt for Turkey -1.25 ball 2.11 asian line/Sportmarket.

If you wanted to hold off for a better quote, or to "get on", only one of the 13 goals that the hosts have conceded in their last four starts have come inside the opening 21 minutes, but four have come between the 21st-33rd mins, so don't leave it too long !

Comment

• Nelson123
          Banned
          • Feb 2015

thank you paul for proving the information..

Comment

• paul8209
            Banned
            • Sep 2014

Brazil: Serie A : Gremio Porto Alegre -Atletico Paranaense

Today's matches in Brazil are very tough to call, but I will suggest a little on this. We sided with Atletico Paranaense last weekend in their 2-0 defeat of Vasco da Gama, who were hard hit by international call ups and they meet an opponent with similar issues today. Those points took AP to the top of the table and a fifth stright win will do so again this evening, that might be a big ask, but a point would see them level with Sao Paulo and that looks an easier target and a result perhaps the host could also live with. This is traditionally a low scoring series, with the last five h2h meeting producing a maximum of one goal. Therefore, if AP could find a goal, it might well be enough for at least a share of the points and there is every indication that Gremio will be more vulnerable than usual this evening. They are without goalkeeper Marcelo Grohe and central defender Frickson Erazo ( one win in four without him this season, seven goals conceded) who are on international duty and right back Rafael Galhardo ( lost both starts he has missed 2-0....although both were road games) is injured and they lack the protection of key defensive midfieder Ramiro who has a long term injury and is yet to play this season ( nine goals conceded through six starts, four at the same stage last season). Atletico plus the draw for me.

Edit: Late news that Galhardo trained on Saturday and has been named in the squad, that changes things slightly, so I have reduced stakes, but the central spine of the team still looks weak.

Atletico Paranaense +0.5 ball 2.09 asian line/Sportmarket.

Gremio: Braian Rodríguez, Bruno Grassi, Douglas, Edinho, Fellipe Bastos, Galhardo, Geromel, Giuliano, Júnior, Lincoln, Luan, Lucas Ramon, Maicon, Marcelo Oliveira, Pedro Rocha, Rafael Thyere, Rhodolfo, Tiago, Walace,
            Yuri Mamute , Vitinho.

Comment

• paul8209
              Banned
              • Sep 2014

Women's World Cup: Group A:

Canada- Netherlands

China- New Zealand

Canada have created plenty of chances, but only have a single goal to show for it and are still not certain of even a top 2 finish. Christine Sinclair is the focus of so much of what they do offensively and this resulted in a very one dimensional offence. They switch from Edmonton to Montreal today, but are going to get huge support once again, maybe even bigger than for opening day and certainly in the 45,000 -55,000 range. The playing surface there is a little different too, Xtreme as opposed to FieldTurf, so conditions and surroundings will be a little alien to both teams.The hosts would secure first place in the group with a win and they are desperate for that as it would mean playing their Round of 16 and then last eight game in Vancouver, this is the home of the national team in more ways than one and as TSN described: "Vancouver is not just some ordinary training camp base, it is way more valuable than that. "Vancouver is the ancestral and spiritual home of the WNT and contains all those familiar patterns and surroundings - a soccer sanctuary like nothing else in the history of competitive soccer in Canada. "Vancouver dispenses refuge and reward in equal measures."

Of course, wanting and doing are very different things and the Netherlands come into the match knowing that they probably need a point to clinch a place in the knockout round , they are ranked just four places below Canada in world rankings and have proved very difficult to score against in their two opening games. Canada have to qualify, but want to finish top, Netherlands would be incredibly pleased with a point, both could achieve those aims if China do not win the other match being played simultaneously in Winnipeg and I feel that match could have a huge bearing on how the game in Montreal plays out.

I am quite taken with the Chinese and ahead of their win over the Dutch my preview went a lot like this.....

"The Canada- China game played out pretty much as I thought it might, ahead of which I wrote .............I am very interested in the Women's World Cup as a tournament, but am not going to get involved betting wise until Monday, today's matches should be very informative and I am keen to see China in action, they arrive with an extremely young squad, all aged between 19 and 26, Canada, whom they meet today, for example, have nine players aged 31+. The Chinese are building long term, looked very comfortable on the ball in the little I have seen of them and despite their youth, have played together as a group for some time. There is a lot of pressure on the Canadians as hosts and there will be a big crowd at the game, but this is also a concern for me with the Chinese, who started a recent friendly match against England very nervously, before settling into the game and impressing, all in all, I prefer to sit this one out.

I think the Chinese were again nervous at the beginning, but grew into the game, were denied by the woodwork, but were very disciplined and clearly came for a point, which they were within a minute or two of achieving. The youngsters are on a very steep learning curve and will come on a lot for that and will not face the same level of massed support against them this evening. Coach Hao Wei said we will see a far more attacking approach from his players this evening and that might be the case, but I do not think that a point would be a disaster for either and it is hard to see with four third placed teams making it through and China's "easiest" game to come, that four points and no heavy defeat that four points would not be enough. The coach felt he had spotted some "flaws" in the Dutch defence and was confident his team would be able to exploit them. There was certainly encouragement for the Chinese from the Netherlands opener, with New Zealand coming on very strong through the second period, creating the better chances and being denied what they felt was a strong penalty appeal. I think the conditions and playing surfaces here will take a big toll and opening day temperatures of circa 23 degrees, where said to be way, WAY higher "on field" with the the artificial turf holding and reflecting the heat and really having an effect on players and this is something I am sure we will be returning to later this week, with some teams sure to hold up better, or certainly be more used to playing conditions that the surface will generate. If there is any advantage in that regard today it will surely be with the Chinese, which is a bonus."

They edged that 1-0, with this time a late goal in their favour. A win today could see them take first place in the group, a point should be enough for second place, however, New Zealand can only progress with all three points and sooner or later they will have to throw caution to the wind and take the game to the Chinese and then they will be vulnerable. They are a very physical side and dangerous from set pieces and have an edge in this department against the Chinese, but they will leave themselves vulnerable once they push forward and at the end of the day, the Ferns have never won in 11 World Cup appareances and only once in seven starts at the Olympics and they do not get too many chances to test themselves at this level in competitive games. The two teams met in China early last year, with the hosts winning 1-0 , it was a close encounter, but I would argue that the Chinese are much improved since then and they would have learned a lot from that game, with ten of the New Zealand side who played that day featuring against Canada last week.

I expect both games to be cautious early, that has been the MO of this group, with only one goal coming inside 90 minutes in the four games so far.

I favour China to win narrowly once the Ferns are forced forward and out of their comfort zone.......China -0.5 ball 2.10 general quote....2.14 asian line/Sportmarket.

Canada, under coach John Herdman are 17-3-2 against non top 7 teams ( nations ranked below them) and I think a change of enviroment for them might re-invigorate the team, they desperately want to win the group and unless NZ race into an early and decisive looking lead in the other game, which seems unlikely, the easiest and least fraught way to do so, would be by winning this. They have given little away defensively and I feel they can edge this, I will suggest Canada -0.75 ball 1.95 asian line/Sportmarket, but if you are watching this match "in running", a better option might be to wait for the -0.5 ball line to reach the same 1.95 quote.

Comment

• Nelson123
                Banned
                • Feb 2015

Good going there cabbott..i appreciate it..

Comment

• paul8209
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2014

England vs Colombia

Ahead of Columbia's win over France I wrote....

"Colombia has a potential world star in Yoreli Rincon and have also developed a bit of a physical side and France might be wary of that and might take the option to rotate. England did a job on wonderfully gifted Elodie Thomis on the left flank, she caused Colombia a lot of problems in the Olympics and they will have taken note of that . Famous last words, but I do not see France going out of they way to run in a hatful and a low scoring win , might still keep the option of avoiding Germany open, a wide margin victory will probably not. The US are the only team that have scored three against Colombia in the last five years and I see a one or two goal win for Les Bleus as the most likely outcome."

We took them +2.25 goals and they won 2-0, it was very much against the run of play, but Colombia were no less impressive for that and I would now argue that they have several, if not world class, then very close to it, offensive players, good options off the bench and are a tireless team with boundless energy and a bit of a physical side, they have a very good goalkeeper, which always gives you a chance and not many teams will play out the last 15-20 minutes better than them, all things considered, despite the early dominance of the French, they were pretty impressive. I watched some interviews with the English players yesterday and to a woman, they seemed to feel they were going to get kicked from pillar to post today, which seems odd and might influence how they approach this. It feels a bit drawish, England would like to avoid third place would could easily turn out to be a last 16 meeting with the defending champions, Japan, but as already indicated, I do not feel that they will finish as strongly as the South Americans. Colombia +0.75 ball 2.02 asian line/Sportmarket and a minimal stake on England to win by exactly one goal at a general 3.25-3.50 , which would mean that if Colombia score, as I think they will, England would need to score three for us not to turn a profit and they have shown no likelihood of doing so here in Canada and as previously discussed, it is a rare occurrence for the Columbians to concede that many.

Comment

• Nelson123
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2015

Good article i liked the way you have presented the information..

Comment

• paul8209
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2014

Germany- Sweden

I was not very complimentary about Sweden after their opener with Nigeria, maybe they were caught out by the severity of the conditions, they looked much better against the US, a team they know well , but a third draw with Australia left them needing help to qualify and a last 16 meeting with Germany was not how they saw this competition playing out for them. However, perhaps they will be more comfortable against another team they are far more familiar with and one against whom they have done well in the past. We can bet Sweden today at odds against, with a full handicap goal start, that would never have lost in nine previous meetings, including two earlier this year and given that Germany are unlikely to be too gung ho if they do take the lead and looked vulnerable after the break against Norway, that looks too big. Germany will doubtless start strongly again and Sweden might have to ride an early storm, but if they can see out the first ten minutes, I can see this becoming a bit cat and mouse and Sweden, who are very dangerous from set pieces, might even cause an upset.

Sweden + 1 ball 2.06 asian line/Sportmarket.

Comment

• Nelson123
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2015

It is good to watch this posts..

Comment

• paul8209
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2014

Copa America: Bolivia- Peru

Bolivia have conceded seven goals in their last three halves of football at the Copa and whilst they one won of those games, it might be that they are reverting to type and have remembered just how poor they are and are supposed to be away from home ! We spoke about this ahead of their opener with Mexico......... "I mentioned yesterday how El Tri are seemingly prioritising their Gold Cup campaign, which begins in less that four weeks time, they are honouring their CONCACAF obligations and the fact that their opening game is in Chicago, which houses the second largest population of Mexican-born immigrants in the US, is probably also a deciding factor.

They have left a host of key players, including Chicharito, Guardado, Giovani dos Santos, Carlos Vela. plus several others at home and this is very much a B team, despite anything to the contrary that controversial coach Miguel Herrera might say. He is very stubborn and seems certian to stick with his preferred formation (basically a 5-3-2) without the players he needs to do it justice ! If they were playing anyone else today apart from Bolivia, I would like to oppose them, but their opponents are not very good away from their high altitude homeland and have not won an away game in over eight years and the one before that was four years earlier, so a defeat of South Africa in a friendly , where they were gifted a winning goal and opponents were denied an equaliser when the referee blew his whistle for half time with the ball en route to the net, to show for 12 years and some 50 away/neutral starts ! Mexico are below strength, have other priorities and will play a formation that will not suit personnel, Bolivia are not very good and cannot win outside their own country ! If we had to bet, I would have to suggest the draw @ circa 4.33 and I might take a (very) little on that just to keep me awake !"

They played out a 0-0 draw there and were then 3-0 up at the break against an Ecuador team who simply did not show up at these championships until it was time to go home ! They won that 3-2, but Ecuador missed a penalty and hit the woodwork and I doubt that Bolivia would have progressed from any other group.

Peru have looked very solid keeping Colombia and Venuezuela scoreless and Brazil at 1-1 (after two early goals) for 87 minutes. They do not have any real weaknesses, look good in defence and midfield and have three veteran forwards on Paolo Guerro, Jefferson Farfan and Claudion Pizarro who are all the wrong side of thirty and playing in what might be their last major championship, the trio have all played at the top level in Europe and have 60 international goals between them and can find a goal and one might be enough, to edge this. Peru feel they are improving and have more to offer and I would have been very keen on them for this if they were not without captain Carlos Labatón and defensive midfielder Josepmir Ballón, who are both suspended. That kind of tempers enthusiasm, but they are in their 7th straight Copa quarter final and will be looking to at least equal their 2011 3rd place finish. They were not adventurous enough in the semi final against Uruguay and I feel they will have learned from that. Peru -0.5 ball 1.93 asian line/Sportmarket.

Comment

• Nelson123
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2015

Good number's cabbott and i appreciate it.

Comment

• paul8209
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2014

J-League:

FC Tokyo - Shimizu S-Pulse

FC Tokyo won for us last weekend when I wrote ......

"I guess the international break has come at the right time for Sagan who have conceded a whopping 14 goals in their last three league games, shipping three to Frontale was bad, six to leaders Urawa worse, but five to Velgalta , who had scored just three in their previous four starts was a bit of a low point and you can view the break as a chance to put things right, or as a very long 13 days to reflect and feel sorry for themselves !

They are starting matches quite well and incredibly, are unbeaten before the break all season ( 4-11-0) but losing their way afterwards and they have conceded 24 of 28 goals ( 86%) in the second half, next highest through that period is the 18 conceded by the bottom two clubs, Albirex Niigata and Shimizu S-Pulse and highlights just how poorly they are ending matches. FCT are a better team and are very tough to beat when leading (6-0-0 this season), so difficult to see them dropping this to a team leaking after the break, if they can edge ahead. But those Sagan stats offer hope should they fall behind and FCT have taken points from two of the four games in which they have trailed at the half. The visitors have won on their last two visits here and we backed them to win the last of those back in August and those notes are reproduced at the foot of this email. They are unbeaten in four and will be looking to break into the top three in the overall championship this season, they are a team we discuss a lot and there are a mountain of notes on them in the database and I have also reproduced a preview from earlier this season, their trip to Montedio Yamagata, which is particularly pertinent as I am going to finish these notes with the newly promoted club's trip to Hiroshima.

Anyway, they all provide background information and after their last match, a 2-1 win at Matsumoto Yamaga, where they raced into a two goal lead and then had to fight hard to hold on, they will have enjoyed the hard earned break. Coach Massimo Ficcadenti (see below) is very meticulous and will have used the two weeks wisely, his team came back after the World Cup break last summer on fire and were unbeaten in eight in all competions with an incredible 21-1 goal difference. They can edge this......"

The came from behind to win 2-1 with a pair of second half goals and the match played out perfectly for " in play" betting, with Sagan gain losing their way after the break, more of that later in the email.

Tokyo will want to finish the first stage with another three points which will ensure they go into the mini break in the top three in the overall (aggregate) championship. They did the double over Shimizu S-Pulse last season with a 7-1 aggregate, which included a 4-0 win in this fixture and with the visitors struggling big time, they collected just 15 points from the second half of last season and have just 13 from their first 16 games this season, that is circa 29 points over the full season and equates to relegation form and them some and they have a lot of work to do to remain in the top flight. The hosts will say a sad, yet fond farewell to top striker Yoshinori Muto after this game , who is joining FSV Mainz , he has 10 goals in 16 league games this season and had two goals and two assists in the games against SSP last season, he will want to say goodbye with a goal I am sure and I take FCT to record a comprehensive victory. Australian winger Mitchell Duke is suspended for the visitors, he scored the opening goal in the only road game that SSP have won in eight months.

FC Tokyo -0.75 ball 1.94 asian line/Sportmarket.

Comment

• paul8209
                                Banned
                                • Sep 2014

Brazil Serie A Coritiba- Cruzeiro

The Cruzeiro return to winning ways was stalled big time with that shock home defeat to Chapecoense last weekend, ahead of which I wrote ....."Hosts have been clubgowi favourites for the last two years and we were championing them from early in the first of their two successive title winning campaigns. I must admit that a third looked highly unlikely after a very slow start to 2015 with Copa Libertadores games taking precedence, but after being eliminated from that, they switched coaches with Vanderlei Luxemburgo taking charge and the veteran coach, who has had more clubs than Tiger Woods ( this is his 28th tenure in Brazil alone....but I might have miscounted !) has turned them around in double quick time. They have won all three games under him, including consecutive away wins, scoring three goals in each, one of those came at AMG who are looking for a title win themselves and they had conceded just three time in five previous starts. These performances are all the more noteworthy as they came with Cruz having a lengthy injury list and with key players away on international duty and this is a club who seem sure to get stronger the longer this season goes. All the talk this week has been about making the top 4 and they are determined to do so as soon as possible, two road games after this and all eyes on three points and a repeat of last years 4-2 win in this fixture would do nicely."

They did not really show up, but perhaps we can forgive them that blip, it was one of the "new" early kick offs and that might have been against them. They get defensive midfielder Willians back from suspension today , but lose another in Charles to injury and also lose central defender Bruno Rodrigo to a yellow card ban ( just 3 clean sheets in 18 starts without him and we are talking about a two time champion team). On the plus side, they also get De Arrascaeta back from international duty to bolster the midfield.

Coritiba are still struggling to get anthing going, or to pull away from the relegation zone, but a 2-2 draw at Atletico Paranaense last time out in a big derby game might at least signal the start of some kind of recovery, but the point came at huge cost and means that today they are without four suspended players in defensive midfielder Joao Paulo, right back Norberto Neto, midfielder Ruy and forward Wellington Paulista. The first two named are big defensive losses and with both teams weakened at the back, it is easy to see goals today and odds, like yesterday in the Avai game, look too big, these two also face very tough midweek road games and points are going to be easier to come by this evening, so each will surely press for the win. BTS and a Cruzeiro win for me. Last 10 h2h meetings in Curtiba have seen at least two goals, with the last five and 8 from 10 going "over", at an average of 3.5 goals per game. A rare two bet game .......

"over" 2.25 goals 2.17 asian line/Sportmarket.
                                Cruzeiro -0.25 ball 2.19 asian line/Sportmarket.

Coritiba: Bruno , Vaná, Henrique, Ivan, Leandro Silva, Luccas Claro, Rodrigo Ramos, Walisson Maia , Welinton,Esquerdinha, Fabrício, Helder, Ícaro, Lucio Flávio, Rodolfo, Rosinei , Thiago Galhardo,Giva, Kleber, Marcos Aurélio, Negueba, Paulinho , Rafhael Lucas.

Cruzeiro: Elisson, Fábio , Rafael, Ceará, Fabiano , Mayke, Grolli, Léo, Manoel , Paulo André, Pará, Bruno Edgar, Eurico, Henrique , Willians, De Arrascaeta , Marcos Vinícius, Allano, Henrique Dourado, Joel, Leandro Damião, Marquinhos , Willian.

Comment

Working...
                                X