Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Thread: AFL Round 23

Hybrid View

AFL Round 23

The AFL enters the penultimate round this weekend. North Melbourne and Fremantle will be playing to keep their seasons alive, although both face daunting fixtures. Fremantle host Collingwood while North Melbourne play St Kilda in a game that is pivotal for both sides.

Below are the latest fixture odds (subject to change). When Andy's preview and betting tips become available a link will be posted here.

the saints vs north is a hard one to pick! i lean to the saints but i wouldn't put much on it.

Saints v North is definitely the best game of the round. There's a lot to play for and the odds are tight. Apart from a couple other fixtures all other games have sub 1.10 favourites...

I'm with you gonzo, I'm leaning towards the Saints, but not overly confident.

My plays for tonight's game are:

Pies 1Q -16.5 @ $1.88
    Travis Cloke Most Goals @ $2.85

Andy's previews are now up for the rest of the weekend's fixtures:

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/2011...-betting-tips/

The Pies at qtr time is a great bet Django! Cloke was very strong last week and is my favourite for most goals again tonight. My only concern is that with Chris Dawes back in the forward line, he'll get less ball directed to him.

And as for the earlier discussion about the saints v roos...I think St Kilda will be enourmously strengthened by the inclusions of Koschitzke and Dawson, especially with Dawson being able to play on Petrie.

Cheers! Done ok on Quarter line bets lately, Gonzo is pretty sharp with em too. I would say he's a friend of sorts, but he barracks for the Tigers and loses to 50 year old women in tennis. Make him welcome though

Not sure what to make of the total in this game, the spread at -70.5 is too large as was Collingwood's Team Total at 130.5 so I think the 1Q is the best bet on this game. Might try some live bets on the other quarter time lines if I'm online and able to properly keep track of the game.

Agreed, the only thing stopping Cloke from most goals is Dawes, injury or lightning strike.

Best of luck tonight lads!

Agreed, the only thing stopping Cloke from most goals is Dawes, injury or lightning strike.
    Haha, that is the best thing I've read all week! Hope the big man fires.

Bloody Krakouer robbed me of half my return! Talk about kicking a man while he's down!!!

At least both cashed.

Today I'm playing

Geelong 1Q -11.5 @ $1.92

Did this cheeky multi on bet365, feeling all games go over, 3 of the short priced faves to cover and North to win SU.
    Geelong -47.5/Over 185.5
    Hawthorn -41.5/Over 194.5
    West Coast -20.5/Over 175.5
    North Melbourne ML/Over 171.5
    .25 to return $49.68

More to come
    Last edited by Django; 27th August 2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: no double posty

The cats have cost me, the most certain game I would have thought! Sadly for me, its time to re deposit!

Cats ruined several multi's I had going.

Fortunately I got wins on these live bets.
    Sydney 4Q line +10.5 $1.85
    Sydney -11.5 (3Q time) $3.75

Tonight's play
    West Coast 1-39 @ $2.15

Now the eagles are tanking too. Really, this sport needs to be fixed up so there is no tanking in the final rounds.

Now its just north tanking, keep them under 40 please!!!!!

Thanks for turning up eagles, not that it matters! Kangaroos are pathetic, ruined a multi that was going to pay big$! Didn't deserve a chance to make finals after the showing of why they are the next club to fold! PATHETIC!

Not a smart bet, but, I am backing the Tigers. As a supporter and to make the game more exciting. Peanuts as stake.

I've got Adelaide -7.5 pyol in a multi so Richmond can piss off!

Sorry gonzo, I reckon Adelaide are good things today. Gee I've had a bad weekend though. Could have been saved if Stephen Milne potted through 1 more goal last night, or had West Coast kicked another 2 goals last night. That's all "if's" and "could have's" though. I'll stop talking like that from now on.

I indicated in my article to get on Ablett for most disposals today against the Dees, but he is only about $1.60, so not worth it. Maybe Brent Moloney from Melbourne is worth a try at $5.

I've just seen Collin Sylvia is a $9 chance on TAB Sportsbet for most goals...he is out suspended for the rest of the season...lol
    I like Liam Jurrah at $3.75 in that market, although I won't take it myself because down on confidence after a poor weekend so far.

haha! good tigers!!!!

Yellow and Black pricks!

Playing Bombers v Port Under 209.5