Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Betfair

Carling Cup 2nd round - a punter's nightmare

Has anyone been mad enough to have a punt on the mid-week Carling Cup fixtures? I didnt' realise they were on until I saw Tuesday's results this morning. I'm glad I haven't touched any games based on how yesterday went. Here are some of the upsets:

Norwich 0-4 MK Dons
    Brigthon 1-0 Sunderland
    QPR 0-2 Rochdale

Unless you know the lineups, don't bet. Some of the Prem/Champ teams have made up to 11 squad changes (Norwich...) while others have gone full strength (Crystal Palace...).

I reckon the teams that are concerned about relegation this year are the ones most likely to field reserves and not give a toss if they're eliminated.

Perhaps Sheffield Wed are worth a shout (5.65 odds) against Blackburn. Who knows really.

I don't plan on touching any of the remaining fixtures. Good luck to those who are crazy enough to do so!

I agree qtip... i had a look and just found it too risky. Im a bit bored midweek this week, not touch Carling Cup or UEFA Qual. WAiting patiently until the weekend..