Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goodsy
    • Aug 2011

Ive got $5 on Federer over Djokovic to win 3-1 sets @6.25 and another $5 on Federer to win 3-2 sets at 6.25

Comment

• Punters United
      • Aug 2011

Hi guys, below are some head-to-head stats for the semi finals. I think Murray would rather be playing Federer while Djokovic would rather be playing Nadal. We could end up with a Nadal v Federer final, but had the fixtures been different it could have been Djokovic v Murray!

Djokovic (1.51) v Federer (2.55)
      21/2011 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Roger Federer Novak Djokovic 7-6(5) 6-3 3-6 7-6(5)
      10/2011 ATP Indian Wells (USA) Hard Novak Djokovic Roger Federer 6-3 3-6 6-2
      8/2011 ATP Dubai (UAE) Hard Novak Djokovic Roger Federer 6-3 6-3
      3/2011 ATP Australian Open (AUS) Hard Novak Djokovic Roger Federer 7-6(3) 7-5 6-4
      I like Goodsy's set betting approach. You'd expect both players to get at least a set.

Murray (2.95) v Nadal (1.40)
      5/2011 ATP Wimbledon (GBR) Grass Rafael Nadal Andy Murray 5-7 6-2 6-2 6-4
      21/2011 ATP French Open (FRA) Clay Rafael Nadal Andy Murray 6-4 7-5 6-4
      15/2011 ATP Monte-Carlo (MON) Clay Rafael Nadal Andy Murray 6-4 2-6 6-1
      47/2010 ATP London (GBR) I_Hard Rafael Nadal Andy Murray 7-6(5) 3-6 7-6(6)
      32/2010 ATP Toronto (CAN) Hard Andy Murray Rafael Nadal 6-3 6-4
      On hard courts, Murray has a 3-3 record against Nadal, so a small punt at 2.95 odds may be worth a shout.

Kerber (4.50) v Stosur (1.20)
      They've never played, but you'd have to be bold to back Kerber. She has defeated Davis, Radwanska, Kudryavtseva, Niculescu and Pennetta to get to this point, while Stosur has had to play the likes of Petrova, Kirilenko and Zvonareva. Kerber is 23 years old, so it's not as if she's a newcomer to the scene. With all this said, 1.20 is a tad miserly.

Wozniacki (4.15) v S. Williams (1.23)
      They haven't played each other since 2009.
      43/2009 WTA Doha (QAT) Hard Serena Williams Caroline Wozniacki 6-4 0-1 ret.
      2/2009 WTA Sydney (AUS) Hard Serena Williams Caroline Wozniacki 6-7(5) 6-3 7-6(3)
      I'd back Williams, but again the odds are miserly.

Comment

• Goodsy
        • Aug 2011

Missed out on Federer in the semis... shame.

So.. Stosur made the womens final... she is paying juicy odds to, admittedly she is playing an in-form Serena Williams. Ive gone $5 on Stosur 2-1 @10

Im backing the Aussie in this one... she is destined to win. Atleast thats what my betting account is telling me :-/

Comment

• pominoz
          • Aug 2011

You did well to back Stosur Goodsy. With a 3-4 record against Serena before the match the odds were always too generous. Shame she did it in straight sets, I don't think anywone saw that coming.

I had backed Serena at the start of the tournament and then hedged for the final by backing Stosur h2h.

I didn't get a chance to see anything of the Federer v Djokovic match, but it must have been epic.

Borrowing from Punters United's data link, the head to head record for Djokovic v Nadal is 14-16. Djokovic has won all three matches between the two so far in 2011.

For the set betting the shortest odds are on Djokovic to win 3-1, which is the score I had in mind.

I backed Djokovic before the start of the tournament, so I now need to decide whether or not to hedge.

Comment

• Goodsy
            • Aug 2011

Im happy and over the moon for Stosur.. but man what was I thinking not putting money on Stosur 2-0 !! That was paying $7... what a golden opportunity missed :-(

Ahh well... will get over it............. eventually..

Well done Stosur ..

Comment

• flogger
              Banned
              • Sep 2011

Those are some nice picks. I think tennis is the most predictable sport in the business.

Novak also got a nice Youtek IG racquet which I think boost his performance.

Comment

Working...
              X