Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Australia Sports Betting Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Belgium Grand Prix

Tonight's Belgium Grand Prix is going to be an interesting affair if it's raining!
    I just saw Maldonado and Hamilton's collision in qualifying, looks like there are some tempers fraying!

Yay! There's another F1 fan here!

Yeah, thoroughly enjoyed the qualifying last night. Disappointed that Maldonado only got a five grid position penalty.

Dug myself a hole betting live on qualifying session 1, but managed to crawl out at the last minute with a $4.00 profit.

Hoping for continued variation in the weather tomorrow. I love races that start dry and become wet, or vice versa. It should suit Button who seems to thrive in those types of conditions. He must be fuming at his team for having him box that lap in qual 2.

Quote Originally Posted by qtip View Post
    He must be fuming at his team for having him box that lap in qual 2.
    I reckon he would be.
    Can I play devil's advocate and suggest that Hamilton maybe should have got a penalty for the original collision at the chicane? What are your thoughts?

I heard Hamilton received a reprimand from the stewards, but Brundle and Coulthard certainly felt he had every right to overtake Maldonado. They actually blamed Maldonado for the contact because he should have been aware of Hamilton's presence. I think Hamilton was ahead of him when the contact took place.

In all honesty I'm not sure of the overtaking rules during qualifying, so I'm basing my reaction on those of the commentators, and they seemed to see little wrong with Hamilton's actions. Could be some British bias perhaps?

Hamilton has certainly been at fault for other incidents, but I don't think he deserved a penalty for that one. There's a good chance he wouldn't have made qual 3 had he not done so, so I'm sure he has no regrets!

Keep an eye out for Button this race. If the rain plays its part he could get right up there.

I enjoy watching the F1.. I dont know it technically, but I enjoy watching it and know enough to get by in a casual chat. Not sure if I will have a bet though...

I won't be betting before this race given the uncertain weather conditions. I may bet in-play depending on how things go.

This race should be a good one. Qualifying alone has been entertainment enough...

Just checked and only 20% chance of rain. Boo!

I had only had one bet all year on the F1 and it was way back in the Spanish GP for a RedBull car to win paying a whopping $1.50 lol. I decided to have a lash on betfair tonight but nothing was appealing to me much so I whacked $5 on any driver to lead the first lap other than Vettel, Hamilton or Webber which was paying $60.
    Rosberg leads!! $300 in the pocket thanks for coming lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilson View Post
    I had only had one bet all year on the F1 and it was way back in the Spanish GP for a RedBull car to win paying a whopping $1.50 lol. I decided to have a lash on betfair tonight but nothing was appealing to me much so I whacked $5 on any driver to lead the first lap other than Vettel, Hamilton or Webber which was paying $60.
    Rosberg leads!! $300 in the pocket
    thanks for coming lol!
    Holy crap !! Thats awesome .. top bet well done. That'll make your weekend and give a good boost to your account. Top shelf sir... bravo..

Wow Mike!!! You made $300 in two minutes while I made a couple of $2 race winner bets for a $0.50 profit. Way to make me feel bad!

Rosberg's start was huge, although I do recall he's done that before, so you were clever, not lucky, to win last night. Well deserved!

it was funny too as the redlights were coming on and a plethora of smoke was coming out of Rosberg's car. I muttered to myself-
    "There goes that chance" lol!

And Hamilton crashed out. McLaren are my favourite team and I'm a Mika Hakkinen tragic from a decade or more ago, but I find it hard supporting and impetuous Hamilton. Just doesn't do it for me and he definitely lost all my support when he accused the marshall's in Monaco of being racist.

And Hamilton crashed out. McLaren are my favourite team and I'm a Mika Hakkinen tragic from a decade or more ago, but I find it hard supporting and impetuous Hamilton. Just doesn't do it for me and he definitely lost all my support when he accused the marshall's in Monaco of being racist.
    I cant stand the guy... so it put a smile on my face to see him crash out last night.

I'm not a fan of Hamilton when he's out of the car, but he's good entertainment when he's behind the wheel. I'm glad he's in F1, although I wouldn't want to be a fellow racer when he's on an all-or-nothing overtaking frenzy!

I was a huge fan of McLaren during the Hakkinen / Coulthard days. Before that I was a big Damon Hill fan.

I'll add my voice to those interested in F1.

I was a massive fan from the mid 90s to the mid 00s, but haven't watched it as religiously the last few years.

And just to be different, I was a massive Johnny Herbert (who?) fan. And for the other debate, I started off being more of a Schumacher fan, but finished a Hakkinen man. I loved his press conferences. The reporters would ask a long winded question, then Mika would think for about 5 seconds before saying either "yes" or "no" without elaborating further.

Johnny Herbert? Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while!

My interest in F1 has undulated as well. I think the past couple of seasons have been great, and I'm loving the DRS to assist overtaking, even if it does make things a little artificial.

Here is a Mika Hakkinen press conference of a different kind featuring the always entertaining Eddie Irvine:
    (that's the problem with F1 these days, no good old characters in the sport!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtlNxwu43g8

Here is a Mika Hakkinen press conference of a different kind featuring the always entertaining Eddie Irvine:
    (that's the problem with F1 these days, no good old characters in the sport!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtlNxwu43g8
    Gold!

Here is another
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPRBj...eature=related

Ha ha! He's such a funny fellow!

Banned
    Funny old guy. He's racing since I was in early college.

Language barrier actually hinders him from fully expressing himself.

Banned
    Hahaha ha He's such a funny guy!