X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackswan
    • Sep 2014

2024 US election betting

Is anyone else paying attention to the 2024 US election betting market?

The odds shifts have been wild. At one stage Kamala Harris was at 6.60 odds to be the next president, compared to 9.40 for Joe Biden. It now looks more likely that Biden will be the Democratic nominee, so he has shortened ahead of her to 6.00 (she is now 15.50). Since the assassination attempt on Trump, his odds have shortened from 1.63 to 1.44, but that might also be due to the increased expectation that he will be up against Biden.

Some other names that you can bet on (and against) are Michelle Obama at 36/38 (Betfair back/lay odds) and Robert F Kennedy Jr (90/95). Some bookmakers are taking the piss at the moment and are offering odds on Taylor Swift, Kanye West and George Clooney.

Once predictive source that looks interesting is the Economist (https://www.economist.com/interactiv...odel/president). They currently give Trump a 3/4 chance of winning and Biden a 1/5 chance.

Another good source is Allan Lichtman, the economist who is renowned for predicting US elections. He is due to make his prediction in early August, so I will be paying close attention to that.
  • blackswan
    • Sep 2014

Wow! What a change one day can make. The latest odds are:

Trump: 1.51 (1.44 yesterday)
    Harris: 6.60 (15.50 yesterday)
    Biden: 10.50 (6.00 yesterday)

Comment

• blackswan
      • Sep 2014

One day later...

Trump: 1.57
      Harris: 4.10
      Biden: 28.00

I had been tempted to lay Harris yesterday, glad I didn't.

Comment

• blackswan
        • Sep 2014

Odds are shifting quickly. Do insiders know something we don't?

Looks like pressure continues to mount on Biden to drop out.

Comment

Working...
        X